Windows 10: How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install

Discus and support How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer has had this weird problem where it can't display content from the web properly on Edge or the search from the Startup bar looking like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wildmusketeer, Aug 3, 2021.

1. How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install

My computer has had this weird problem where it can't display content from the web properly on Edge or the search from the Startup bar looking like below. I've tried resetting the PC through Windows setting to no avail. Also, this doesn't happen with Chrome. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

wildmusketeer, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 3, 2021
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install

Edge startup

Since you've done changing the start page on your Microsoft Edge and the issue is still the same, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start Menu.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click the System Menu.
    • Click Notifications and Actions.
    • Turn off Show me Tips about Windows.

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Paolo Mag, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install

1. How to fix Broken Edge and Startup Menu displays in Fresh Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - fix Broken Edge

2. Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store completely broken with fresh install of windows 10: I tried reinstalling windows 4 times already, I tried anything I could find on the internet.. still it doesn't work. Any app I try to install from the Microsoft Store, I get the following message: "The thing you're looking for isn't here. We probably don't have it, but just...
  3. Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on fresh install - No StartUp at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on fresh install - No StartUp at all: I started getting this error last week and all the possible resolutions had something to do with my drivers, such as reinstalling it or installing it on safe mode, move nvlddmkm.sys file to the Drivers folder inside System32, etc.But when I started to search for any possible...
  4. Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on fresh install - No StartUp at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on fresh install - No StartUp at all: I started getting this error last week and all the possible resolutions had something to do with my drivers, such as reinstalling it or installing it on safe mode, move nvlddmkm.sys file to the Drivers folder inside System32, etc.But when I started to search for any possible...
  5. Windows 10 - VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE on fresh install - No StartUp at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Fresh windows install, update is broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh windows install, update is broken?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nj_5oh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ugejn0/fresh_windows_install_update_is_broken/
  7. BSOD on Startup - Fresh Install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on Startup - Fresh Install of Windows 10: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsHR5q8GmnAOpmolWLGPXoqL2r8v?e=MazMiKAttached is the link to two of my most recent crashes minidump filesThe BSOD crashes do not seem to happen once the system is up and running. Only after turning the computer on and off. I have run Memtest and everything...
  8. Fresh Windows 10 - Still Broken?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows 10 - Still Broken?: I was having some major issues over the past couple of days and just found out that some recent update(s) crippled some people's computers. I thought I was having hardware issues but everything tested fine (game crashes, BSOD, SFC saying the errors it found could not be fixed...
  9. how to add Edge browser to startup menu

in Browsers and Email
    how to add Edge browser to startup menu: I want windows to start Edge browser when i login i have been able to add chrome and windows explorer to startup menu but couldnt find edge browser shortcut to add to startup menu 149680
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Goes to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 Goes to Selective Startup: Hello. I wanted to check in for some ideas/advice. I am going through the process of installing a fresh version of Windows 10 on one of my PCs. After install the desktop will pull up and I take a look at the System Configuration (msconfig) and the PC is stuck in Selective...