Windows 10: how to fix broken window security

Discus and support how to fix broken window security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I Don't know What to do[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bonamiel, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Bonamiel Win User

how to fix broken window security

I Don't know What to do how to fix broken window security 44d6ae45-8e3c-451b-bda2-3b32599a46ad?upload=true.png

:)

Bonamiel, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 29, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 29, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. how to fix broken window security - Similar Threads - fix broken window

2. How to fix No Internet Secured

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix No Internet Secured: Hey guys I was wondering how to fix this bug with No Internet Secured on Windows 10. I looked up on YouTube for help with this stuff but I the things I did did not help. It still shows No Internet Secured. I uninstalled the drivers for my wifi then reinstalled them did not...
  3. how to fix broken windows 10 start button

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix broken windows 10 start button: How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-broken-windows-10-start-button/9fd571c6-cf96-4884-83fe-34d1743517e8
  4. How can I fix my broken Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix my broken Windows 10?: My laptop updated a few weeks ago to the then latest version of Windows 10. I believe it was one of the infamous security updates. Since then I have had blue screens, games not running due to strange possible resolution issues most games that is, and I am unable to use my...
  5. Broken Pixels, how can i fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Pixels, how can i fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MonzaK78 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gs5erx/broken_pixels_how_can_i_fix_this/
  6. Windows update and windows security broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update and windows security broken: https://imgur.com/WMirS1Z -- Windows can't be updated, I get an error with the code 0x80080005 https://imgur.com/6ycffDw -- Windows security is just "security at a glance", and cant do anything else, and when I manage to get to the page where I can scan none of the buttons...
  7. Windows security is broken??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows security is broken??: So, when I try to access my Windscribe VPN connection that pops up in the WiFi menu usually located on the task bar, Windows Security asks me for my password and username, but I don't know either. Tried my Windscribe account, failed. Tried my PC account, FAILED. Tried my...
  8. How to fix broken Windows + Microsoft account integration?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to fix broken Windows + Microsoft account integration?: All of my Windows store apps have stopped working. When I run the Windows Store App troubleshooter it tells me that I need to be signed in with a Microsoft account. When I click the Open Account Settings button in the troubleshooter it shows that I am in fact already signed...
  9. How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix broken registry items on windows 10?: My antivirus software (AVG) is displaying that I have 237 issues with broken registry items. Is there any Microsoft tool to scan and resolve registry issues?...
  10. Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals how it fixed the broken Windows Search feature: Microsoft has finally realized that the search engine in Windows 10 has the potential to break other features. Microsoft says that there were enough people turning off Windows Search to fix issues like Excessive Disk Usage. Windows Search is deeply integrated into the...