Windows 10: how to fix broken window security

Discus and support how to fix broken window security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I Don't know What to do[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bonamiel, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Bonamiel Win User

how to fix broken window security

I Don't know What to do how to fix broken window security 44d6ae45-8e3c-451b-bda2-3b32599a46ad?upload=true.png

:)

Bonamiel, Oct 29, 2020

2. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Oct 29, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Oct 29, 2020
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. how to fix broken window security - Similar Threads - fix broken window

2. How to fix windows security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix windows security?: I mistakenly deleted the entire 'history' folder in the defender and now when doing a scan it pauses near the end and does not finish. The app is not unresponsive though. How could I reset the defender back to its original state?...
  3. How to fix windows security?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix windows security?: I mistakenly deleted the entire 'history' folder in the defender and now when doing a scan it pauses near the end and does not finish. The app is not unresponsive though. How could I reset the defender back to its original state?...
  4. How to fix a broken USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a broken USB: Hi recently I encountered a problem in which my USB cannot be accessed by Windows and cant format or fix it I tried fixing it through chkdsk command but of no avail it did not work here is the result is there a way to get my USB drive working cause it is the only one I have...
  5. How to fix a broken USB

How to fix a broken USB: Hi recently I encountered a problem in which my USB cannot be accessed by Windows and cant format or fix it I tried fixing it through chkdsk command but of no avail it did not work here is the result is there a way to get my USB drive working cause it is the only one I have...
  6. How to fix broken Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix broken Windows Update: I want to update windowsHowever when I open the windows update on my computer it always says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."Previously there was a windows update stopper driver on my computer however I have deleted it and restarted the windows update...
  7. How to fix broken Windows Update

How to fix broken Windows Update: I want to update windowsHowever when I open the windows update on my computer it always says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."Previously there was a windows update stopper driver on my computer however I have deleted it and restarted the windows update...
  8. Windows Security is Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security is Broken: I cant access it. It's a personal computer and not part of any organization and never has been. how do i get past it.I also cant log out of my xbox game bar app or xbox app I have tried everythinghis error?...
  9. Windows Security is Broken

Windows Security is Broken: I cant access it. It's a personal computer and not part of any organization and never has been. how do i get past it.I also cant log out of my xbox game bar app or xbox app I have tried everythinghis error?...
  10. Windows security is broken??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows security is broken??: So, when I try to access my Windscribe VPN connection that pops up in the WiFi menu usually located on the task bar, Windows Security asks me for my password and username, but I don't know either. Tried my Windscribe account, failed. Tried my PC account, FAILED. Tried my...