Windows 10: How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

Discus and support How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't install windows on my laptop it keeps saying that the CD/floppy disk can't be found I brought it to a technician and he fixed through the bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Althea Hermosa, Dec 5, 2022.

1. How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

I can't install windows on my laptop it keeps saying that the CD/floppy disk can't be found I brought it to a technician and he fixed through the bios but I accidentally restored the settings to default and now it's back. Thanks in advance<3

:)

Althea Hermosa, Dec 5, 2022
  2. Marie Ave Win User

Can't connect external SONY 2X Speed Floppy Disk Drive to my Toshiba laptop Windows 10.

Hi Ken,

The challenge that you experience while trying to to connect your external floppy disk drive is due to a missing or outdated driver that can support the device.

For us to isolate the issue, please answer the following question:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We suggest that you look for the CD installer for your floppy disk drive and have it installed on your laptop. It usually comes with the packaging of the device. You can follow the steps on the article

How to install programs on Windows 10

If in case the CD is not there, you can contact Sony to check for the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Marie Ave, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Floppy disk controller which will not function in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

This issue may occur due to compatibility issues. Normally, if the new drive was reformatted, it gets a drive letter automatically and you do not need to take any further actions. Regarding the floppy-disk controller concern, please answer the following:

• How did you install the floppy-disk controller on your device?
    • Have you tried downloading the latest driver for the floppy-disk controller on its manufacturer's website?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter in Windows 10. To do this, refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +X and select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Choose Troubleshooting and click on the View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Dec 5, 2022
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

Floppy disk drive driver

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, if the above steps did not work no worries since this is an open forum , we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime you can try to check on this thread by @Gary_816

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

After 6 hours this worked for me. I have the Teac drive also and it appeared to install correctly, but did not show up in Windows Explorer. During a boot up the drive clicks and spins like 3.5" drives did on older systems if there is diskette in the drive.
    I opened "Devices and Printers" in the Control Panel and the drive was there. With the diskette still inserted, right click on the Teac icon and select "Browse files > Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)". File Explorer should open up and you will see the files on the
    floppy listed. You will now see "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" listed under "This PC". Right click on "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" and select "Pin to Quick access". "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" should appear under "Quick access". Although "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" will disappear
    from "This PC" after you close and reopen File Explorer, it will remain under "Quick access" and you can access it from there. It appears that W10 now thinks there is an internal drive "(AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" because if you right click it "Eject" does not appear as an option.
    Why it disappears from "This PC" is a mystery.

Note: On my machine (ASUS) if I take out the diskette or disconnect the drive, "Floppy Disk Drive (AHow to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message :)" stays in the "Quick access" menu. So no need to keep a diskette in the drive all the time or even have it connected all the time. Worked fine after I reconnected
    it.

Note 1: Under "Devices and Printers" the Drive was identified as "TEAC FD-05PUB". If you get something different (assuming you have a TEAC) try running "Troubleshoot" and see if that corrects it.

I hope the information above helps.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

1. How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message - Similar Threads - fix floppy disk

2. How to fix error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix error message: No matter if its the microsoft download site or A third party service...I can't download an ISO. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-message/7346062c-6313-4856-b688-00924072c3de
  3. How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message: I can't install windows on my laptop it keeps saying that the CD/floppy disk can't be found I brought it to a technician and he fixed through the bios but I accidentally restored the settings to default and now it's back. Thanks in advance<3...
  4. How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message

How to fix CD/floppy disk can't be found error message: I can't install windows on my laptop it keeps saying that the CD/floppy disk can't be found I brought it to a technician and he fixed through the bios but I accidentally restored the settings to default and now it's back. Thanks in advance<3...
  5. Floppy Disk Problem

Floppy Disk Problem: I have a Windows 7 64 bit system that I still use two external floppy disk drives to store some data. I figure if the disks ever get stolen, no one has the old drives to read them! Plus, I got a gross of disks when they were being discontinued for nothing. Ha! Anyway, I've...
  6. Floppy Disk Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floppy Disk Problem: I have a Windows 7 64 bit system that I still use two external floppy disk drives to store some data. I figure if the disks ever get stolen, no one has the old drives to read them! Plus, I got a gross of disks when they were being discontinued for nothing. Ha! Anyway, I've...
  7. Floppy Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Floppy Disk: Window 10 does not recognized the floppy disk when a disk is inserted. Is there an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floppy-disk/fde13a9a-d820-4fe5-b508-5b03d022ba1e
  8. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  9. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 News
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  10. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...