Windows 10: How to fix cloned win10

Discus and support How to fix cloned win10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How to fix cloned win10 not starting up do I need to kill you with nuclear bomb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by minesheep, Jul 10, 2020.

1. minesheep Win User

How to fix cloned win10

How to fix cloned win10 not starting up do I need to kill you with nuclear bomb

:)

minesheep, Jul 10, 2020
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone How to fix cloned win10 :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jul 10, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 10, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

How to fix cloned win10

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

How to fix cloned win10

1. How to fix cloned win10 - Similar Threads - fix cloned win10

2. How to fix win10 sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix win10 sign-in: Win10 Home with local user account that has no password. Signed in to MS account while in MS Store, and signed back out. Set computer to sleep. Next morning, Sign In screen had my email displayed as user and when "sign-in" was clicked, went back to pre-log in screen, this was...
  3. How to fix win10 sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix win10 sign-in: Win10 Home with local user account that has no password. Signed in to MS account while in MS Store, and signed back out. Set computer to sleep. Next morning, Sign In screen had my email displayed as user and when "sign-in" was clicked, went back to pre-log in screen, this was...
  4. How to fix win10 sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cloning Multiple Win10 machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cloning Multiple Win10 machines: I am trying to clone 30+ machine at one time. The issue I am having is that if I use one machine as my test and try and deploy that out to 30+ machines how can I get the COA key in the other machine to activate? All 30+ machines are brand new. They all have different COA...
  6. Clone Win10 pro SSD Questions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone Win10 pro SSD Questions: Hello everyone! I'm new here and so far, have done five successful upgrades from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro. All activated fine. These were fresh installs to new SSDs using the old Win7 Pro keys entered during installation or embedded bios . My question is for two identical...
  7. Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?: I used Macrium Reflect Free or Minitoll to clone system disks every time I need it, and usually it was without problems. In this situation it failed. I need to upgrade to a bigger disk 120>250. Both programs reported an error and failed to finish. Source disk is OCZ ssd and...
  8. Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Cloning Win10 partition?: I used Macrium Reflect Free or Minitoll to clone system disks every time I need it, and usually it was without problems. In this situation it failed. I need to upgrade to a bigger disk 120>250. Both programs reported an error and failed to finish. Source disk is OCZ ssd and...
  9. How to clone Win10 (UEFI) installation to non-UEFI laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to clone Win10 (UEFI) installation to non-UEFI laptop?: Hello. I have my work laptop (main) with Windows 10 installation (UEFI, GPT) where all apps already installed and configured. Recently I was given an old notebook (secondary) with Windows 8.1 installation (legacy BIOS, non-UEFI, MBR). Is there more or less simple way to...
  10. How to fix my win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix my win10?: Today my win10 can't boot as usual. Everytime i reboot it ,the following photo pop up. [img] [img] [img] How to diagnose my pc with cmd? Is there a boot log file to provide more concrete info? 93902