Windows 10: How to fix COM number conflicts

Discus and support How to fix COM number conflicts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When we install the clean win10 system and enter win10 for the first time, windows assigns a COM number is conflicts with the standard serial port from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by honggangfu, Nov 26, 2019.

1. How to fix COM number conflicts

When we install the clean win10 system and enter win10 for the first time, windows assigns a COM number is conflicts with the standard serial port from LPC IO chip.

How to fix COM number conflicts e38ac6e8-f218-4062-b3ea-543c240a1903?upload=true.jpg

When we install the clean win10 system and enter win10 for the first time, windows will load USB Serial Device driver first and assigns COM3, then windows load driver of LPC IO and assigns fixed COM1~COM5 for 5 COMs from BIOS configuration. So COM3 will conflicts with USB Serial Device(COM3). The COM number can be modified manually, but this cannot meet our requirements, we need the default serial port number allocation is normal.

So can you give me any advice or solutions??Thanks

:)

honggangfu, Nov 26, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 26, 2019
  3. OneNote "Sync Conflicts"

Hi Tom,

Sync conflicts error shown in OneNote can be resolved by using OneNote desktop client. To stop seeing this error, can you follow the below steps:

• Open the page which is having conflicts in OneNote desktop client or in Internet explorer
    • Open the page in which this error is shown
    • On the top of the page there will be a text bar shown. Pressing on the text bar will show conflicting pages for this page.
    • Delete the conflicting page by selecting the page and right clicking on it.
    • Sync the changes from desktop to server
    • After the above steps, open the page in Mobile and tap on "refresh" to get the changes made on the server.
    After step 6 is done, sync conflicting error message should be stopped from prompting.

Hope this helps!

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Nov 26, 2019
  4. BrianMBC Win User

How to fix COM number conflicts

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

How to fix COM number conflicts

1. How to fix COM number conflicts - Similar Threads - fix COM number

2. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: If I set the com number manually, the device manager will crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-in-device-manager-without-com/6a65662a-0fcb-4e88-a209-4842213429c8
  3. USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Serial Port in device manager without COM number: Hi, When I connect a serial device, I see the USB serial Port in the device Manager, but there is no port number assigned behind it. What is the reason?looking forward to your replythanks....
  4. Windows version number reporting conflict

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows version number reporting conflict: Hello. When I run winver, the WIn10 splash screen reports I am running Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379). However, the version painted to the screen is Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202. Any idea why these two aren't the same? (BTW I have tried turning the...
  5. Finding com port number.

Finding com port number.: I have a very recently purchased HP LAPTOP-2B3H9B5S. Nov 2020. I am trying to find out how to find the com port settings. i have read the previous quotes from 2019. However they now appear not to be relevant. The latest advice says go to actions and go to previous software...
  6. Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr

Duplicate COM numbers in Device Mgr: Under the Ports category I was baffled to find two entries with the same number. COM1COM3 COM3 This became apparent in one of my programs, where I must select just one. How can this arise? More important, how can I fix it please? Terry, East Grinstead, UK 133718
  7. How to fix numbers in keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix numbers in keyboard: How do i fix the @ sign on my keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-numbers-in-keyboard/776d6961-c4bf-482c-a69c-905e5c084762
  8. Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker conflict on second fixed drive: Hi I've just replaced my laptop. Both old and new had / have two fixed drives - C drive with the OS one and then a second fixed local drive (mapped as K) that I want to use for backups. On my old laptop I had Bitlocker full drive encryption working for both, using the...
  9. How to automatically reset COM ports increasing number ?

How to automatically reset COM ports increasing number ?: Whenever (after reboot) I connect Modem/Data card to USB port, Drivers installs automatically and COM number changes. It is increasing day by day (Once I saw COM88 and COM89) How to Fix COM port number? How can I stop my DATA card to install same drivers again and again...
  10. Force COM Port number change using Command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Force COM Port number change using Command line: I have two USB devices that when plugged in must have COM ports 3 & 4 assigned, my question is how can I do this using a batch file? The two devices are a GEWA Transmitter (FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+AI04WJT5A\0000) (needs to be COM3) and an ELDAT transmitter...