Windows 10: How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10

Discus and support How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Component Object Model or COM is a medium to enable communication between 2 processes […] This article How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 6, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 6, 2020

2. High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage on Windows 8.

Hello, i've got problem with Windows 8. Yesterday, i've installed cleaned Windows 8, and i've got High CPU Usage and High Disk Usage. How can i fix this problem?

Extremor200, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Rhaine C. Win User
    Cpu usage high until i open task manager

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, if the above steps did not work no worries,since this is an open forum we can ask assistance from other community volunteers with their feedback and suggestion with this issue.

For the meantime you can try the steps mentioned in this links below.

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-high-c...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-wsappx-causing-hi...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-service-host-diag...

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-high-disk-usage-b...

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Dec 6, 2020
  4. fadi Win User

High cpu and disk usage

after updating the wifi driver it seems that it's now normal.

How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This is sample from windows update there is a very long list and I didn't notice any update failure.

How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 [​IMG]

fadi, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How to fix COM Surrogate high CPU or Disk usage in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - fix COM Surrogate

2. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  3. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search: I noticed my laptop fans become louder and I checked the task manager to find out the COM Surrogate taking 15.5+% of CPU usage. There is another problem as well, my pictures and video thumbnails are not showing, I already checked the show thumbnail instead of icons, I already...
  4. COM Surrogate Too High CPU Usage Because of Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 - Thumbnails not generating properly, COM Surrogate High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Thumbnails not generating properly, COM Surrogate High CPU Usage: Hi All,All of a sudden, with nothing changed that I am aware of, any new photos/videos I am adding to the PC, the folders green status bar goes nearly all the way across but then doesn't actually generate the new thumbnails.If I go out of the folder, then back in, it will...
  6. Incredibly high GPU usage in COM Surrogate

Incredibly high GPU usage in COM Surrogate: The COM Surrogate task in consuming insane amounts of GPU on computer startup. I can end it however then some of the settings stop working and when I delete it the settings menu no longer opens. It is in the System32 folder so I know it is a legitimate file, no idea what...
  7. COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage

COM surrogate 20% cpu and usage: [ATTACH]this happend after installing an app i unistalled it and restart but nothing happened scanned my files but no threats were found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-surrogate-20-cpu-and-usage/a739637e-40ed-4e19-9347-88749f65fcf8
  8. COM Surrogate high CPU usage

COM Surrogate high CPU usage: Hello I saw many posts for COM surrogate using high CPU but never a case like mine. Whenever i click end task,it restarts the process but it keeps it low under 2% CPU Then every time i start Windows Media Player,both files go over 25-30% so i end up having COM and Windows...
  9. CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CPU. COM SURROGATE USING HIGH CPU: I AM RUNNING A DJ SOFTWARE PROGRAME CALLED VIRTUAL DJ, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO RUN SLOW OR STOP. LOOKIMG IN TASK MANAGER IT SHOWS HIGH USAGE OF COM SURROGATE, I CANNOT DISABLE THIS WHY. CAN ANYONE HELP ME [ATTACH]...
  10. COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser

COM Surrogate high CPU usage due to Microsoft Edge browser: Encountered the high CPU usage issue with COM Surrogate but unlike previous solutions posted on here a few years ago and on other sites there's no video file dllhost.exe seems to be constantly trying to access, when I look at dllhost.exe in Process Explorer under the file...