Windows 10: How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer?

Discus and support How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I fix the pc's computer name not showing under Network in File Explorer? If I type \\computer name in the File Explorer address box, the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by A123, Jun 30, 2019.

1. A123 Win User

How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer?

How do I fix the pc's computer name not showing under Network in File Explorer? If I type \\computer name in the File Explorer address box, the pc shows in Network. If I do a network reset, the pc shows in Network until a reboot. I have tried ipconfig /flushdns and nbtstat -R, but the same issue exist.

:)

2. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Inkedxx Win User
    NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this and makes my NAS appear in Network as expected. The solution involved running Command Prompt as Admin, executing some commands, then restarting the computer.

What I would like to do is automate this process by creating a batch file that will:

1. Open Command Prompt as Admin
    2. Automatically enter specific commands
    3. Close Command Prompt
    4. Restart the computer

The problem is I don't know anything about how to code batch files in order to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inkedxx, Jun 30, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How to fix Computer Name not showing under Network in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - fix Computer Name

2. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  3. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.: My computer is running Windows 10. Its name was listed under Network of File Explorer. The names of two other computers are displayed and their shared directories and printers are shown. However, my computer name is not shown,The following services are running on my...
  4. My computer name was listed under Network of File Explorer, but it disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to fix File explorer not showing correct Network Drive names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix File explorer not showing correct Network Drive names?: We have only one user encountering this issue. We have mapped the drive correctly using the correct name, but it shows up in file explorer missing one letter. Instead of saying Y: Flows it says Y: lows. Really odd issue. Everything is up to date. Re-Mapping the drive still...
  6. How to fix File explorer not showing correct Network Drive names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix File explorer not showing correct Network Drive names?: We have only one user encountering this issue. We have mapped the drive correctly using the correct name, but it shows up in file explorer missing one letter. Instead of saying Y: Flows it says Y: lows. Really odd issue. Everything is up to date. Re-Mapping the drive still...
  7. How to fix File explorer not showing correct Network Drive names?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Computer name will not show under Network in File Explorer for Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.508

Computer name will not show under Network in File Explorer for Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.508: The computer name will not show under Network in File Explorer for Windows 10 Pro 2004 1904.508. How do I fix this issue? If I enter \\computer name in the address bar of File Explorer, the computer will show. Also, I can see the other Window 10 devices under Network. The...
  9. Network Computers not showing under network

Network Computers not showing under network: So, I checked, and the appropriate services are running under services.msc. We use windows server which I have access to but the local machine I do not have the admin password for. I can access the server one, but not the locals. I am trying to find a way to remote access...
  10. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installed new router computer still showing old network