Windows 10: How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

Discus and support How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This has been happening since around August. My computer has been slow/buggy for a while but I've always shrugged it off, I should've investigated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Liam Restall, Dec 5, 2022.

1. How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

This has been happening since around August. My computer has been slow/buggy for a while but I've always shrugged it off, I should've investigated sooner though as now im stuck with the black screen of death, no matter the tutorial I find every solution I find ends up with something going wrong. I can't open cntrl alt delete, which gets rid of alot of issues, turning it off and on again doesn't work, repairing the computer doesn't work, even completely wiping the computer doesn't work. I'm assuming there is some form of aggressive malware eating away at important files needed for these, and wi

:)

Liam Restall, Dec 5, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 5, 2022
  3. spunk Win User
    I have the black screen of death and its not fixing.

Your OP is a little confusing. The title says you get a Black Screen with a cursor. Then you say it is a BSOD, which would be totally different. Then you top it off by saying the computer is a few years old but still works fine.
    You may be mixing up your terms here. A BSOD would be a Blue Screen of Death, which is not a Black Screen. A BSOD is a screen that appears that shows an error message and then usually restarts. There are many reasons for BSOD and it depends on the message.
    A Black Screen of Death is also not what you describe. a Black Screen of Death is total black, no cursor.
    A Black Screen with a cursor means that the computer cannot find the Boot file, either the Windows drive is too low in the boot order, or the boot file is corrupted, or, usually the HDD has failed and needs to be replaced.
    If we are talking about the Dual Booting computer with Windows and Linux, do you get the GRUB Boot loader? Can you boot into Linux? Have you tried to repair GRUB?

spunk, Dec 5, 2022
  4. GSquadron Win User

How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

Windows 7 black screen of death

NO! That is not my problem. I used the link and the computer displayed again that black screen of death :'(
    Anyway it has nth to do with sleep or screen saver. I just restart it and than again it appears the "STARTING WINDOWS" screen. If the black of death happens than it stayies like that for hours without responding. A friend of mine had the same problem, but he could pass through the black of death because he has a much more powerful computer than mine. Anyway, i dunno the answer :S

GSquadron, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

1. How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,... - Similar Threads - fix computer stuck

2. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  3. Computer stuck on black screen upon start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on black screen upon start up: I use an old Windows 7 computer to mainly game on.. but I moved to a new house & was trying to connect to wifi & couldn’t access the option to connect wirelessly so I ran into a thread on here with directions that would reset the network system & upon doing that, I now get a...
  4. How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...: This has been happening since around August. My computer has been slow/buggy for a while but I've always shrugged it off, I should've investigated sooner though as now im stuck with the black screen of death, no matter the tutorial I find every solution I find ends up with...
  5. How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix computer stuck on black screen of death upon start up no access to files,...: This has been happening since around August. My computer has been slow/buggy for a while but I've always shrugged it off, I should've investigated sooner though as now im stuck with the black screen of death, no matter the tutorial I find every solution I find ends up with...
  6. My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting

My PC boots up to a black screen upon starting: Hi, i am running a thinkpad E330 edge with an intel core i5-3230m processor with Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics and 4 gigabytes of ram.My pc was being unresponsive and laggy of course it would witht he specs i specificed earlier, so I decided to do a force shutdown. mainly...
  7. Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix

Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix: So i need help, i recently found out when i login to my pc my screen turns completely black and can sometimes see applications if im lucky sometimes my screen is flashing white, so i put my pc into safe mode but, this pc was given to me and i only have my pin to the account...
  8. BSOD upon starting up Computer

BSOD upon starting up Computer: DESKTOP-V91V1BR-(2020-08-24_20-45-38).zip Windows 10 Version 2004 163173
  9. Black screen upon starting

Black screen upon starting: Hi people, i updated my laptop with recent update 1903, it was working fine until today. Its battery depleted completely today and after a while i put it on charging. But when i tried to start it, it just became black screen with nothing and caps lock key blinking...
  10. BSOD upon computer start up

BSOD upon computer start up: Hey, I recently got a "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" upon start-up of my machine. This is not the first blue-screen I've gotten recently so I thought I'd post my log here. Unfortunately, I don't know how to re-create the problem. I've attached the output of the Beta Log...