Windows 10: How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC

Discus and support How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC Specs CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhx, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors Motherboard - AsRock B450 Gaming K4 RAM - GeIL EVO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by T echel14, Jan 4, 2020.

1. T echel14 Win User

How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC

PC Specs

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhx, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

Motherboard - AsRock B450 Gaming K4

RAM - GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB 2 x 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 PC4 24000

BiOS version/date - American Megatrends Inc P3.10 3/7/2019

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

PSU - RMx Series™ RM650x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Hi there!

I'm posting here because I have no idea where else to go or what else to do. I apologize for the length of this post, but I figured the more detailed I can be, the better answers and suggestions any of you might have.

I recently built a gaming PC in July 2019. The PC worked fine until we had a power outage that caused the PC to turn off abruptly. Thankfully the PC was plugged into a surge protector. However, since then, my PC has been consistently crashing with a myriad of BSOD and accompanying stop codes. The crashes occur sporadically - either every 15-20 minutes or with hours/days between them. They also tend to happen no matter what the PC is doing - gaming, idling, watching Netflix/Hulu - it doesn't seem to matter.

The most common ones that I see are:

Critical Process Died

Unknown Store Exception

System Service Exception

Memory Management Although I've only seen this error once

Here is a list of everything that I've attempted to troubleshoot the issue. I must apologize, as I am an extreme novice when it comes to this, but I just want to get this PC working again.

1. Updated all drivers and windows

2. Completed several full scans of anti-virus software Windows Defender

3. Run system file checker. All scans have come back clean

4. Run the DISM Tool. Found no issues here either

5. Run chkdsk. This came back clean, although it took almost 24 full hours to complete. I'm not sure if that's normal

6. Run memtest86. In total, I've run 40 passes through both partitions, and suffered 0 errors or fails

After reading through many threads of people having similar issues; looking for something that might work for myself, I see that I should also update my BiOS. I have not done that yet - as I'm scared to. Some sites mention that updating your BiOS is likely never necessary;and in fact on the site for my motherboard's BiOS - it suggests not to update it if things are running normally. If you all think I should go ahead and do this, I will - I just don't want to brick my PC. And I'm not sure that its BiOS related, since the issues have been ongoing since about a month after I built my PC.

The one thing that has worked in the past is running memtest86. After my first 8 passes on each partition, the crashes stopped for about 3 months. I traveled home for the holidays with my PC and they promptly started again. Each subsequent run has seemed to put a stop to the crashes for days, at most.

After the crashes first began, I took the PC to a MicroCenter repair shop. They charged me $40, but told me they didn't come across any issues while the PC was there. The crashes did stop for a few weeks once I got the PC back home,however.

One last thing that I think is worth mentioning: When I get the BSOD and accompanying stop code, my PC does attempt to reboot. However, upon attempting the reboot - it tells me to insert a boot drive. By turning off the PC and turning it back on, the OS boots back up normally.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this. I genuinely appreciate any and all suggestions to help resolve this.

:)

T echel14, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Constant BSOD IRQL_Not_Equal_Or_Less crashes

Hello,

I've been having constant BSOD level crashes while playing video games. I suspect one or more pieces of my hardware are failing (my computer build is 7 years old now and have only replaced the GPU now and again), but I want to rule out any software issues that I can. I've done some basic troubleshooting steps like ensuring my related GPU drivers are up to date (including using DDU to uninstall and do fresh installs), but have found no success thus far.

Lately, my games (any game pretty much) will just abruptly crash to desktop with no error messages or anything. It happens inconsistently, but it will happen within half an hour.

I've attached the Log Collector to this post, if any further feedback is needed, let me know!

Log Collector-(2019-05-01_16-02-02).zip

JaesWasTaken, Jan 4, 2020
  4. How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC

PC crashing with constant BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I apologize for the delayed response.

I have analyzed the dump files and found that the files lgbusenum.sys
    and dxgmms2.sys are the reason for causing BSOD on the PC.

Regarding the BSOD caused by dxgmms2.sys file, I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers, as the file is related to DirectX. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

You can also download the drivers from the manufacturer website or from the respective graphic card manufacturer website.

Regarding the BSOD caused by lgbusenum.sys, I would suggest you reinstall any program or drivers related to Logitech devices. As the file is related to Logitech Game panel.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC

1. How to fix Constant crashes/BSOD on Gaming PC - Similar Threads - fix Constant crashes

2. Constant game/program crashing, and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant game/program crashing, and BSOD: I've been having issues with my windows that have gotten really bad recently. A month or two ago I was streaming some Destiny 2, and my game kept crashing over and over again until my pc eventually bluescreened. I thought my CPU was overheating since I have a Ryzen 7000...
  3. how to fix games constantly crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix games constantly crashing?: most of my installed games crash on opening. I thought it was fixed after I updated all my drivers however that hasn't appeared to work this time. I was told to look at MSinfo to work out the issue but I don't understand how to fix the faults. there are multiple "faulting...
  4. how to fix games constantly crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix games constantly crashing?: most of my installed games crash on opening. I thought it was fixed after I updated all my drivers however that hasn't appeared to work this time. I was told to look at MSinfo to work out the issue but I don't understand how to fix the faults. there are multiple "faulting...
  5. PC Constantly Crashing. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Constantly Crashing. How to fix?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be...
  6. PC Constantly Crashing. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Constantly Crashing. How to fix?: ******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 50Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be...
  7. Constant BSODs and Game crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs and Game crashes: Hello, The past few months I have been getting near constant BSODs and crashing out of games. I've done quite a bit of troubleshooting so far but can't seem to find out what exactly is causing the issues. I'm on my 4th or 5th clean install of Windows drive wipe and install...
  8. BSOD: PC Constantly Crashing

BSOD: PC Constantly Crashing: My newly built PC is constantly crashing. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool test, the results came back without issues. The dump files are enclosed. Download: Memory Dump, Specs, Msinfo32 Please advise....
  9. BSOD and constant game crashes

BSOD and constant game crashes: I have extremely terrible ADD and trying to fix this by reading walls of text after text of other forums has become too difficult at this point. Really unsure whats going on and this is becoming maddening. Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 GTX 1060 3gb Vengeance LED 3000mhz 16g 2x8 ASUS...
  10. PC games constantly crashing

PC games constantly crashing: Hi all, I don't know where to begin to describe the issues I've been having lately. First, here are my system specs: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Intel i5-9600K ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac mobo RTX Asus Strix 2080ti Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 16GB ram Samsung NVMe...