Windows 10: How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

Discus and support How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Thought I'd share a tip for fixing corrupted keyboard shortcuts that worked for me. This is in Windows 10, but I assume it would work for Windows 11 as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ADKSRR, Aug 3, 2023.

1. ADKSRR Win User

How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

Thought I'd share a tip for fixing corrupted keyboard shortcuts that worked for me. This is in Windows 10, but I assume it would work for Windows 11 as well.Today I found my "add comment" shortcut stopped working in Word and PowerPoint for no clear reason. I searched for solutions and came across this one on answers.microsoft.com that looks like it has worked for others. However, methods 1-4 did not solve my problem, and I really didn't want to create a new user account and have to make sure all my settings, desktop icons etc. carried over properly. Maybe they do very easily nowadays with an O

:)

ADKSRR, Aug 3, 2023
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Aug 3, 2023
  3. Unable to create new User account

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you logged in with a Microsoft account or Local account?

• Are you trying to create new user account using Administrator account?
    I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Please get back to us with the information required, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 3, 2023
  4. How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

Am unable to create a new user. Accounts -> Add someone else to this PC options is not working to create a new account.

Hi Pawan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

Follow the below steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
    • Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on
      Add someone else to this PC
      and follow onscreen instructions.
    Refer to: Create a local user account
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of creating a new user account for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2023
Thema:

How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

1. How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows - Similar Threads - fix corrupted keyboard

2. How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows: Thought I'd share a tip for fixing corrupted keyboard shortcuts that worked for me. This is in Windows 10, but I assume it would work for Windows 11 as well.Today I found my "add comment" shortcut stopped working in Word and PowerPoint for no clear reason. I searched for...
  3. How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix corrupted keyboard shortcuts without having to create a new user account in Windows: Thought I'd share a tip for fixing corrupted keyboard shortcuts that worked for me. This is in Windows 10, but I assume it would work for Windows 11 as well.Today I found my "add comment" shortcut stopped working in Word and PowerPoint for no clear reason. I searched for...
  4. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  5. Windows created a new user without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows created a new user without permission: Hello I got a question, One day when I switched on my computer it had a new user called administrator, the funny part about this user is that I didn't create it. I go to family and setting but the user it's self does not show up there so I am unable to delete it...
  6. Windows created a new user without permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. How to create a new admin user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to create a new admin user account: I'm an administrator. I want to create a new administrator account. Control Panel User Account doesn't show an Add User. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-a-new-admin-user-account/cbf0d022-3fee-4615-8c67-d5f1038ed86d
  8. Create Shortcut to User Account Folder

Create Shortcut to User Account Folder: A friend has his user account buried in the Windows folder so any investigation requiring a subfolder that is not listed in his Quick Access requires drilling down...to the Users user account. My user account is at the top of the file explorer listing in the left side...
  9. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...
  10. How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I create a new user account WITHOUT a Microsoft account?: I have been trying for the past two hours to get a runas command to work, but I am crippled every time by a user name or password incorrect. I've tried deleting my admin password, I've changed the admin password, nothing works. (Linux is so much easier to use). I am the...