Windows 10: How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

Discus and support How to Fix Corrupted System Files? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IrfanDaniel1, Mar 15, 2022.

1. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.Also ran Windows Powershell "dism /cleanup-image /online /restorehealth" and the result:-The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Ta

:)

IrfanDaniel1, Mar 15, 2022

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Mar 15, 2022
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Mar 15, 2022
  4. zbook Win User

How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

1. How to Fix Corrupted System Files? - Similar Threads - Fix Corrupted System

2. How to fix corrupted system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix corrupted system file: I've tried for two days now to fix my pc. I've troubleshooted pc stuff countless times in the past 10-15 years and this is my most challenging situation to fix. Let's start from the beginning. I turn my PC on, try to load up a game, immediately crashes saying it's a game...
  3. How to fix corrupted system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix corrupted system file: I've tried for two days now to fix my pc. I've troubleshooted pc stuff countless times in the past 10-15 years and this is my most challenging situation to fix. Let's start from the beginning. I turn my PC on, try to load up a game, immediately crashes saying it's a game...
  4. PC is VERY laggy, corrupt system files? How to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is VERY laggy, corrupt system files? How to fix?: Here’s some problems with my computer right now:-The “App Readiness” service keeps stopping by itself-The computer is super, SUPER laggy-I can’t install the latest Windows Update-The entire desktop often goes white and shows the end process screen which I can’t click because...
  5. PC is VERY laggy, corrupt system files? How to fix?

PC is VERY laggy, corrupt system files? How to fix?: Here’s some problems with my computer right now:-The “App Readiness” service keeps stopping by itself-The computer is super, SUPER laggy-I can’t install the latest Windows Update-The entire desktop often goes white and shows the end process screen which I can’t click because...
  6. PC is VERY laggy, corrupt system files? How to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Fix Corrupted System Files?: Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located...
  8. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

How to Fix Corrupted System Files?: Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located...
  9. How To Fix Corrupted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How To Fix Corrupted Files?: Good day. Recently i have noted that every Microsoft file i create gets corrupted, from Word to Excel. Even pictures that i screenshot get corrupted, with a red cross x on each file. I have tried using the Command Prompt and still facing the same issue. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. How to fix corrupted system files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted system files in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will see how to manually replace a corrupted single Windows system file with a known good copy of the file, if the System File Checker is not working. The built-in System File Checker is a tool [...] This post How to fix corrupted system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp corrupted system file