Windows 10: How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

Discus and support How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ctrl-C works otherwise such as NotePad App but not File Explorere.Is there a setting to prevent Ctrl-C when using File Explorer?To copy a file, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sunny PA Wong, Jan 30, 2023.

1. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

Ctrl-C works otherwise such as NotePad App but not File Explorere.Is there a setting to prevent Ctrl-C when using File Explorer?To copy a file, I am now limited to Mouse until this is fixed.

:)

Sunny PA Wong, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Ghot Win User
  3. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V does not work in File Explorer on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Does Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V works?

• Is the issue is specific to photo or any other file/document as well?
    • Try copy /paste using mouse and check if the copy/past is working or any error message you received. Please let us know the status.
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

For now, I would recommend you to go to the below link on Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File and try the steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/309662

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you
    follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to
    view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Step 2.

I also recommend you to create a new user account and check if you face same issue in new user account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type netplwiz and press Enter.
    • Click on Add button and create a new user account.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 30, 2023
  4. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?

Hello Pham. I'm Greg, here to help you with this.

Have you tried ALL of these fixes yet:

Ctrl + C Not Copying? Here’s the Fix!

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

https://www.itechtics.com/ctrl-c-not-working/

https://www.partitionwizard.com/clone-disk/ctrl...

https://finddiffer.com/how-do-i-fix-ctrl-c-not-...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ctrlc-and-ctrlv-...

(Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially DO NOT INSTALL Restoro, PC Repair Tool and Reimage ads)

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the detailed results you post back, I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

1. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer? - Similar Threads - fix Ctrl working

2. Ctrl C not working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl C not working, how do I fix it?: HiAwhile back my Ctrl C shortcut stopped working and instead just pulled up the Xbox game bar. This weird thing is i have no key bind for Ctrl C to pull up the game bar and after disabling the game bar itself, Ctrl C just didn't do anything. I tried to follow the directions...
  3. Ctrl C not working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl C not working, how do I fix it?: HiAwhile back my Ctrl C shortcut stopped working and instead just pulled up the Xbox game bar. This weird thing is i have no key bind for Ctrl C to pull up the game bar and after disabling the game bar itself, Ctrl C just didn't do anything. I tried to follow the directions...
  4. disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10: I am looking to disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10 for a particular user ? can someone tell me how can we achieve this....
  5. disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10

disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10: I am looking to disable Ctrl+C, ctrl+V and Ctrl+N for file explorer in Windows 10 for a particular user ? can someone tell me how can we achieve this....
  6. How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Ctrl-C not working for File Explorer?: Ctrl-C works otherwise such as NotePad App but not File Explorere.Is there a setting to prevent Ctrl-C when using File Explorer?To copy a file, I am now limited to Mouse until this is fixed....
  7. How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?: recently i have encounter an issue where i can't not use the Ctrl+C command. I have try every single way to fix it on the internet like uninstall the keyboard driver, update it, troubleshoot, doing some Registry Editor but still i couldn't solve the problem, it is really...
  8. How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?

How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?: recently i have encounter an issue where i can't not use the Ctrl+C command. I have try every single way to fix it on the internet like uninstall the keyboard driver, update it, troubleshoot, doing some Registry Editor but still i couldn't solve the problem, it is really...
  9. How to fix Ctrl+C not working ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. CTRL + C not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL + C not working: Hi All, I have purchased a refurbised Lenovo m920q running windows 10 enterprise. The other interesting thing is that the image is built to be used with Zoom, upon resetting windows to factory and going through the mini setup wizard it gives the option to log in using...