Windows 10: How to fix cursor lock

Discus and support How to fix cursor lock in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two monitors for my pc and when gaming, my cursor becomes locked into the monitor the game is running on. I have to press the windows key or tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/redisntactuallyit, Feb 27, 2021.

1. How to fix cursor lock

I have two monitors for my pc and when gaming, my cursor becomes locked into the monitor the game is running on. I have to press the windows key or tab out of the game to free my cursor into the other monitor. Any fixes for this?

submitted by /u/redisntactuallyit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/redisntactuallyit, Feb 27, 2021
  2. deeneecy Win User

cursor dissappeared

Thank you both for your prompt replies, I tried all steps listed, some I had tries previously but I still tried them again, but still no cursor.

Do you have any other suggestions?

deeneecy, Feb 27, 2021
  3. CryptoKey Win User
    Mouse cursor not locked to crosshair in UWP applications

My mouse cursor isn't locked to my crosshair when I'm unpaused from Minecraft or other apps. I've tried reinstalling and resetting Minecraft, no good. Restarting my PC, no good.

Resetting UWP apps through Powershell seems to not work either;
    HTML Code:
    Here's a short demonstration of the bug:

Such a mind boggling issue. Can't find a solution for this problem even on the internet.

Things I've tried that provided no solution:

• Resetting/Uninstalling Minecraft
    • Reinstalling UWP apps to their defaults.
    • Shutdown/Restarting my PC.
    • Repairing my computer with SFC and DISM
    • Repairing my PC with Windows Media Installation Tool (Upgrade PC Keep Files Option)
    • Uninstalling/Reinstalling my mouse drivers.
    I have tried recovering from a restore point and it seemed to fix the issue temporarily but the issue returned.

Winver:

How to fix cursor lock [​IMG]

CryptoKey, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Bobington Win User

How to fix cursor lock

Any fix for the Cursor Bug?

I recently read some people have managed to fix the cursor bug by flashing their GPU bios and was wondering if there was any truth to this. I'm using a Powercolor PCS+ 5870 and they don't seem to provide a download for the GPU Bios so I'm hesitant to take any risks.

Using 10.10 attached is a pic of the cursor glitching this morning.

How to fix cursor lock IMG_0235.jpg

Bobington, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

How to fix cursor lock

1. How to fix cursor lock - Similar Threads - fix cursor lock

2. How to fix cursor and mouse shuttering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix cursor and mouse shuttering?: My new laptop has a few problems, when I move the mouse, the cursor starts to freeze and jerk, it also affects my gaming and working process, the cursor will freeze and accompanied by keyboard and sound delays as well as freezes. My laptop is HP Victus 15 2023 i5 12450H, RTX...
  3. How to fix cursor and mouse shuttering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix cursor and mouse shuttering?: My new laptop has a few problems, when I move the mouse, the cursor starts to freeze and jerk, it also affects my gaming and working process, the cursor will freeze and accompanied by keyboard and sound delays as well as freezes. My laptop is HP Victus 15 2023 i5 12450H, RTX...
  4. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  5. How to fix black screen with cursor

How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  6. cursor pointer freezes how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cursor pointer freezes how to fix ?: cursor pointer keeps freezing how to fix problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-pointer-freezes-how-to-fix/15f3e1e8-609e-4df1-b899-1b15d425d13d
  7. cursor pointer freezes how to fix ?

cursor pointer freezes how to fix ?: cursor pointer keeps freezing how to fix problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-pointer-freezes-how-to-fix/15f3e1e8-609e-4df1-b899-1b15d425d13d
  8. cursor pointer freezes how to fix ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cursor not locking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor not locking: My mouse cursor isn't locking into the game window, if I flick my mouse it leaves the game window... I've looked it up and the only thing I can find are dual screen fixes and I don't use dual screens, I use a laptop. I don't know anything about tech so I'm stuck...
  10. how to fix cursor clicking by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix cursor clicking by itself: Hi this is the 2nd question cause so more people can see this.. how do you fix my cursor is clicking on its own or how to disable touchpad i cant find disable touchpad this is emergency pls help mee :...