Windows 10: how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

Discus and support how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FaisalArif1, Nov 1, 2022.

1. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as 'TERABOX' and when i wanted to know where its location then its showing me nothing just giving output "unspecified error" with window of explorer.EXE?how to remove this file or malware these are screenshot of my result kindly go through my problem

:)

FaisalArif1, Nov 1, 2022

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 1, 2022
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    "This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Nov 1, 2022
  4. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

Windows 10 Search doesn't include any *.EXE files

Hi,

The .exe files in Windows 10 are classified as "applications" that's why the returned search results are not showing them as .exe files. You need to change the view settings of
    File Explorer for you to be able to view them as .exe files. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Type file explorer on the search bar.
    • Click on File Explorer.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Options.
    • Click on Change folder and search options.
    • Click on View.
    • Under Advanced settings, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Nov 1, 2022
Thema:

how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

1. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC - Similar Threads - fix explorer EXE

2. .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe and .zip files corrupted. How do I fix it?: Just a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-and-zip-files-corrupted-how-do-i-fix-it/96d1a290-403e-46b6-a475-458ef4c4bab2
  3. HOw to fix file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOw to fix file explorer: I know this has been solved: how to fix file explorer in Win10 from not opening. I have tried several methods but does not fix it. What is a sure suggestion for fixing it....
  4. HOw to fix file explorer

HOw to fix file explorer: I know this has been solved: how to fix file explorer in Win10 from not opening. I have tried several methods but does not fix it. What is a sure suggestion for fixing it....
  5. HOw to fix file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC: I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as 'TERABOX' and when i wanted to know where its location then its showing me nothing just giving output "unspecified error" with...
  7. how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix explorer.EXE file in my This PC: I was facing problem in my desktop that whenever open 'thispc' in windows 10 its showing an extra application with my drives it mainly named as 'TERABOX' and when i wanted to know where its location then its showing me nothing just giving output "unspecified error" with...
  8. How to fix File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix File Explorer: This is not an error report, File Explorer "warning as follows" :- Drive F: is full format drive or repair" keeps popping up notice "turn off notifications for File Explorer" The problem is that it is referring to A system created by the op system and should not have a drive...
  9. Explorer,EXE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Explorer,EXE: Please help me find a solution on this message; 'The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation' Hoping someone has a simple solution, Thanks...
  10. File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files

File Explorer, very slow to load .exe files: Hi All, When I double click on an .exe file to install a program, in Windows File Explorer, it takes over a minute to start the installation process. When I use Total Commander to do the same thing, it installs straight away. I've also tried it after disabling my Norton AV...