Windows 10: How to Fix Failed System OS Reset

Discus and support How to Fix Failed System OS Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have tried twice to reset my OS after repeated Blue Screens over the past couple of weeks. First from Settings and the second time from Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ӎuirén, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ӎuirén Win User

How to Fix Failed System OS Reset

I have tried twice to reset my OS after repeated Blue Screens over the past couple of weeks. First from Settings and the second time from Advanced Startup where I had to enter my BitLocker Code to my hard drive before it would continue with the OS reset. The reset appeared to complete successfully both times, but notified me they fail after starting windows again. The second reset actually resulted in another Blue screen, which was the reason I was resetting the system in the first place.

:)

Ӎuirén, Apr 5, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 25, 2020
  3. Ӎuirén Win User

I have tried twice to reset my OS after repeated Blue Screens over the past couple of weeks. First from Settings and the second time from Advanced Startup where I had to enter my BitLocker Code to my hard drive before it would continue with the OS reset.
    The reset appeared to complete successfully both times, but notified me they fail after starting windows again. The second reset actually resulted in another Blue screen, which was the reason I was resetting the system in the first place.

Ӎuirén, May 25, 2020
  4. How to Fix Failed System OS Reset

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. How to Fix Failed System OS Reset - Similar Threads - Fix Failed System

2. How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?: Windows update succeeds on Windows defender only. The notification says my computer is missing important security updates but when I click check updates it goes nowhere and leaves me with same notification Did the troubleshooter and Update Assistant.. Repeated attempts to...
  3. How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?: Windows update succeeds on Windows defender only. The notification says my computer is missing important security updates but when I click check updates it goes nowhere and leaves me with same notification Did the troubleshooter and Update Assistant.. Repeated attempts to...
  4. How can I upgrade OS when Windows Update fails, Reset PC fails, Recovery option fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. how to fix activation problems due to resetting the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix activation problems due to resetting the system: so i recently got handed down a laptop 'DESKTOP-1CN7AMM' however, it already had a Microsoft account signed in, i believe it was pre activated though as i could personalize.looking to eliminate any unseen files taking space I decided to reset the pc data.upon resetting and...
  6. how to fix activation problems due to resetting the system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix activation problems due to resetting the system: so i recently got handed down a laptop 'DESKTOP-1CN7AMM' however, it already had a Microsoft account signed in, i believe it was pre activated though as i could personalize.looking to eliminate any unseen files taking space I decided to reset the pc data.upon resetting and...
  7. how to fix activation problems due to resetting the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Os system

in Windows 10 Customization
    Os system: Does changing OS system damge computer because I changed mine 3 times in a row because of them not performing property and the newly installed one has choppy sound and touch pad isn't working unless I use an external one...
  9. how to fix error says user system driver failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to fix error says user system driver failed: i keep getting error user settings driver failed and i lost my enternal drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-error-says-user-system-driver-failed/fb6bb01b-6e5a-4819-9f66-718fb5e9d335
  10. Windows 10: How to Fix "Failed to Reset"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10: How to Fix "Failed to Reset": I'm attempting to reset my computer and delete all settings and apps only. However, when I do so, it keeps saying "failed to reset." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-fix-failed-to-reset/baabc317-654f-4b8b-8fa2-6037ab769735