Windows 10: how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10

Discus and support how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; every time I try to use file explorer it hunts and hunts and eventually says not responding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RMLloaves, Jun 15, 2019.

1. RMLloaves Win User

how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10

every time I try to use file explorer it hunts and hunts and eventually says not responding

:)

RMLloaves, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  3. wren9x Win User
    Windows 10 file explorer not responding

following ALL of the above steps did nothing. explorer.exe still broken.

additional steps taken:

1x system refresh, explorer still dead

1x clean boot, explorer still dead

3x sfc /scannow, rebooted in between, explorer still dead

1x restore point, all programs uninstalled, explorer worked for 4 hours, then died.

1x reset, explorer still never opened

1x reverted back to 8.1, explorer woked, autoupdated to 10, explorer died

1x COMPLETE WIPE, reinstalled 8.1, autoupdated to 10, explorer died.

wiping again. reeinstalling 8.1. turning off updates for good.

amazing this CRITICAL issue exists at all.

wren9x, Jun 15, 2019
  4. how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10

Windows 10 File Explorer not responding

Okay, here is what I did. So far, the explorer is ok. Follow these steps:

How to fix Windows 10 explorer.exe not responding?

download autorun.exe from Microsoft TechNet to see if there is any file associations are missing, then fix it.

Steve

steve_tiger_03, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10

1. how to fix file explorer not responding in windows 10 - Similar Threads - fix file explorer

2. How can i fix file explorer consant not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i fix file explorer consant not responding: File explorer always random says not responding then crashes. After open some times dragging files opens the loading part that shows when it completes but stops and 0 then says not responding then crashes, and the files thumbnails randomly go blank. What is the cause of this?...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding: I have a Lenovo Yoga 730. I have OneDrive which is working well but File Explorer keeps “not responding” every time I try to move or copy files, sometimes even opening a file. I also tried the steps on your page Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was ...)...
  4. windows file explorer not responding

windows file explorer not responding: Hello, I can't open any files through Windows Explorer. I continue to get "not responding." I have tried multiple fixes including reinstalling where I had to uninstall all my apps. I reinstalled and Windows Explorer worked briefly but now I am receiving the error again. I...
  5. File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding

File Explorer in Windows 10 Not Responding: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on a new laptop (Lenovo D330) that I have used for around three weeks now. There were no problems before. All of a sudden, yesterday until today, every time I open my file explorer, everything works fine, it shows all the files contained in...
  6. Fixing Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fixing Windows 10 File Explorer Not Responding: File Explorer, also known as Windows Explorer, is the program that allows viewing folders and files and is also responsible for displaying the desktop. Sometimes File Explorer can encounter problems where it gets stuck in a “Not Responding” state. We’ll go through several...
  7. File Explorer not responding in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer not responding in Windows 10: I ran into the problem of file explorer not responding. I tried a couple of fixes that were recommended. I tried resetting the default but it didn't work. I tied restarting file explorer in the task manager and it didn't work....
  8. Windows 10 file explorer not responding

Windows 10 file explorer not responding: With respect to this particular problem. It started today immediately after I downloaded the Fall Update, and it affects both of my computers which have entirely different drivers installed. Why does Microsoft habitually blame the customer's equipment/software/drivers when...
  9. Windows File Explorer not responding WINDOWS 10.

Windows File Explorer not responding WINDOWS 10.: I am having this problem for 3-2 months and so I decided to ask people on a forum. Every time when I open file explorer it works fine or is slow as hell, but when I am trying to access a folder it says that it's not responding and freezes. After this, I searched on the...
  10. File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding

File Explorer Windows 10 Not Responding: Hi. I recently reset my laptop (ASUS ROG Series) and since then the file explorer has been giving me trouble. Either it doesn't open (if I restart the laptop then it does) but then it stops responding again or certain links won't open and my laptop also crashed once because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1903 explorer.exe not responding

2. windows 10 update crashes explorer.exe Jan 2020

3. windows 10 explorer not responding at startup

4. file explorer not reponding all of the dudden,
  5. windows explorer not responding windows 10 1903