Windows 10: how to fix file history disconnect error

Discus and support how to fix file history disconnect error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how to fix file history disconnect error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DaveCurley2, Nov 9, 2019.

1. how to fix file history disconnect error

how to fix file history disconnect error

:)

DaveCurley2, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Hi David,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To stop file history using a drive, you can try the steps listed below.

Ideally, File History will save copies of your files every hour, so disconnecting and reconnecting the backup drive every hour would be a tedious task. However, if you still would like to go for it, you may try the steps listed
    below.

• Open Settings and go to Update & Security > Backup using File History.
    • Scroll down to Backup to a different drive
      and choose Stop using the drive to disconnect the drive.
    • Later, when you would like to reconnect, go to
      Settings
      >
      Update & security>
      Backup>
      Add a drive to reconnect the drive.

Additional Info: Use File History to backup and restore
    in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    File History

Hi Anastasia,

File History creates a backup of your files automatically and stores the backup on an external hard drive. It might be disconnected for too long that may cause interruption. To address your inquiry, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reconnect your File History drive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 9, 2019
  4. how to fix file history disconnect error

File History Drive is disconnected

Hi Cathrine,

If you're getting the error messages saying "Your File History drive was disconnected", it occurs
    if your File History drive has been disconnected for long time. You can check the article
    Reconnect your File History drive for your reference.

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

how to fix file history disconnect error

1. how to fix file history disconnect error - Similar Threads - fix file history

2. How to fix the "element not found" error in File History on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the "element not found" error in File History on Windows 11?: Hi, So suddenly in Windows 11. When attempting to erase old filehistory backups, filehistory displays this message: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWCAvMe4F87HXfGkZ1rqWJWOpMYcwe8f/view?usp=sharing Things I have tried, check and repair the disk, no errors. Sfc scannow, no...
  3. How to fix the "element not found" error in File History on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix the "element not found" error in File History on Windows 11?: Hi, So suddenly in Windows 11. When attempting to erase old filehistory backups, filehistory displays this message: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWCAvMe4F87HXfGkZ1rqWJWOpMYcwe8f/view?usp=sharing Things I have tried, check and repair the disk, no errors. Sfc scannow, no...
  4. File History Drive disconnect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Drive disconnect: Hello, I turned File History on around the 1st of march just to see what it did. Now, when I try to disconnect it Windows complains and says 'This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device and then try again.' I tried...
  5. backup and "file history drive is disconnected"

backup and "file history drive is disconnected": Cannot backup due to "file history drive is disconnected", cannot even manual backup even though File Explorer shows external drive is active. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-file-history-drive-is-disconnected/9cf94ae3-6d24-4a02-9546-45658511b850
  6. Fix file history

Fix file history: I posted recently asking for help to reconnect my file history. The answer I got failed. The dialogue box says it is an E: drive. I don't have an E: drive on Windows 10. What is going on? My PC is not backing up my files and it won't back up to the onedrive either. I'd...
  7. Fix for file history disconnection

Fix for file history disconnection: Hi, What software can I download to fix my file history? I keep getting pop-ups that say the file history is disconnected. I Googled the problem but the software that came up my security protection said was on a list of unsafe sites. Any ideas? Cheers Sue...
  8. Disconnect and reconnect File History drive

Disconnect and reconnect File History drive: I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no...
  9. current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10: wanting to do a complete backup of my windows 10 in anticipation of the "new April 2019 " windows update and have created a formatted hardrive within my PC .. ( read somewhere that a clean install is better than a reinstall for this model) I have currently C: drive windows...
  10. current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    current file history is disconnected.,how to turn it on for windows 10: wanting to do a complete backup of my windows 10 in anticipation of the "new April 2019 " windows update and have created a formatted hardrive within my PC .. ( read somewhere that a clean install is better than a reinstall for this model) I have currently C: drive windows...