Windows 10: How to fix files loss after system restart?

Discus and support How to fix files loss after system restart? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Every time i restart my system all the files, documents and the system settings are gone. The files will be permanently gone if i have not back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akul M, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Akul M Win User

How to fix files loss after system restart?

Hi

Every time i restart my system all the files, documents and the system settings are gone. The files will be permanently gone if i have not back them up. I can access and restore my files from oneDrive but the problem happens all the time i restart.

It seems a fresh start for all the applications which i have installed and the settings are gone. For every restart i have to set all the settings and have to restore all the files once again and again.

After every single restart i wanna see all the files and the documents staying in the exact same folder which i have stored them, for eg: the files which i have stored in the desktop should be there after i restart. I know how to restore the files but don't wanna do it every time i restart it's not cool.

I really want to know how to stop this problem once and for all. Please help me to get this problem fixed.

Next time i restart my system any of this problems shouldn't happen.Kindly help ASAP.

Note: English is not my first language please forgive me,but i hope you understand what i'm talking about.

:)

Akul M, Feb 13, 2020

2. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Start menu and Cortana are not working, will fix on restart

Hi Gordon,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator.
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to fix files loss after system restart?

System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to fix files loss after system restart?

1. How to fix files loss after system restart? - Similar Threads - fix files loss

2. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  3. How to fix loss of Admin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix loss of Admin?: I've been at this for a day now, I've been looking all over online and all the answers I've been getting haven't fixed it. I believe this all started because I had downloaded a VPN named "Hamachi" to play MineCraft Lan with a friend, I was dumb and used a old installer almost...
  4. How to fix loss of Admin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  6. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  7. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

8. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to Fix Corrupted System Files?: Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located...
  9. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Corrupted System Files?: Hi, recently my HP laptop keeps crashing when playing games. I ran "sfc /scannow" scan on command prompt, and the result:-Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located...
  10. How to Fix Corrupted System Files?

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corrupted mp4 file due restart