Windows 10: How to fix files loss after system restart?

Discus and support How to fix files loss after system restart? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Every time i restart my system all the files, documents and the system settings are gone. The files will be permanently gone if i have not back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akul M, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Akul M Win User

How to fix files loss after system restart?

Hi

Every time i restart my system all the files, documents and the system settings are gone. The files will be permanently gone if i have not back them up. I can access and restore my files from oneDrive but the problem happens all the time i restart.

It seems a fresh start for all the applications which i have installed and the settings are gone. For every restart i have to set all the settings and have to restore all the files once again and again.

After every single restart i wanna see all the files and the documents staying in the exact same folder which i have stored them, for eg: the files which i have stored in the desktop should be there after i restart. I know how to restore the files but don't wanna do it every time i restart it's not cool.

I really want to know how to stop this problem once and for all. Please help me to get this problem fixed.

Next time i restart my system any of this problems shouldn't happen.Kindly help ASAP.

Note: English is not my first language please forgive me,but i hope you understand what i'm talking about.

:)

Akul M, Feb 13, 2020

2. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Start menu and Cortana are not working, will fix on restart

Hi Gordon,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with several functionalities in Windows 10.

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator.
    • Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Feb 13, 2020
  4. How to fix files loss after system restart?

System restarts on its own

It all began when I changed my CPU cooling. The system runs fine when I play games, pass 3DMark Vantage with no problem, but when I try to play MP4 files with Media Player Classic it restarts after few minutes. Few times it restarts while idle. I reinstall the Vista but it did not help. The CPU is not overheating (actually is 10 degrees cooler now). Any suggestions?

Grasshopper, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

How to fix files loss after system restart?

1. How to fix files loss after system restart? - Similar Threads - fix files loss

2. At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    At a complete Loss how to Fix! need help: for the first time in my 20 years fixing Computers at a hobby level. I'm stumped how to fix what I've done. PC: i5 7600k asus prime z270-p 16GB DDR4 Ram windows 10 pro ill try keep it short, I created a user profile in windows 10 pro for my wife to use, that is custom...
  3. Lossing Network Sharing after restart in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lossing Network Sharing after restart in Windows 10: Hi I am Having problem in internet sharing on windows 10, i am sharing my main internet to PDQ. after every restart pdq loose the internet connectivity i have tried switching off firewall but still the same...
  4. System Files to fix 0x7E

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Files to fix 0x7E: This is related to a previous post Re: Repeated update failures. I have tried all suggestions. I am re-trying the manual update and am now trying to address the 0x7E error; autorun.dll unable to load or is corrupted. sfc says everything is fine. Please advise. Can I add a...
  5. How to fix file system error -2147219196

How to fix file system error -2147219196: Trying to fix thing error but no luck yet has anyone been fix this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-file-system-error-2147219196/bacf86cd-e88a-44f7-acf8-2916818b5157"
  6. loss of files

loss of files: I restarted my computer to update Office files. When it came on all the software files I had on my task bar and all my document files were missing. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/loss-of-files/4d749705-a5e1-4e98-a634-f1ed679bbc62"
  7. file loss

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    file loss: so today I updated my pc to the latest version of Windows 10 (1809) I finish the update and all and then I try to login to my pc but when I enter my password it will show me a blue screen saying that there is an error i try a couple more times but I can't access my pc so I...
  8. How to fix corrupted system files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix corrupted system files in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will see how to manually replace a corrupted single Windows system file with a known good copy of the file, if the System File Checker is not working. The built-in System File Checker is a tool [...] This post How to fix corrupted system...
  9. how to fix file system error (-2147219196)

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix file system error (-2147219196): This error and Chrome browser "hiding itself upon opening" started soon after I installed 32 bit JAVA in order to make Open Office Grammar Checker extension function. I tried the easy fix methods where you simply click enable or disable some easy to access setting... no joy....
  10. Loss of WI-Fi on restart

Loss of WI-Fi on restart: Has anyone come up with a fix for Windows 10 not restoring Wi-Fi connections when restarted? this has been an ongoing nuisance that I think Microsoft should come up with a fix. Ron Fiore 36466