Windows 10: How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to change "Read Only" in any of my folders in any drives of the 2 Hard Disc in my computer. I tried changing "Full Control" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by V.K.S.B.K_, Aug 31, 2019.

1. How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

Hi,

I am unable to change "Read Only" in any of my folders in any drives of the 2 Hard Disc in my computer. I tried changing "Full Control" for permission in the "Security"; but still it revert back to "Read Only".

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks

VKSBK

:)

V.K.S.B.K_, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Folder keeps reverting to read-only

Every time I un-check the "read-only" attribute on a folder it automatically reverts the changes I've made.

I tried taking full control of the folder as the administrator and as users and I've also tried using "attrib -r +s drive:\\" in run but it doesnt seem to work.

How can I change the file to read only and keep it from changing back?
    (I'm on windows 10 Home)

Steven , Aug 31, 2019
  4. CasvM Win User

How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

All folders are read-only

Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts
    itself to read-only. I have tried several solutions, but was unable to change the folder back to normal.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cas

Solutions I have tried and threads I have looked at:

CasvM, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

1. How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Folder Keeps

2. Folder attributes keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder attributes keep reverting to read only: The title says it all - I installed an old game, and when I tried to save a game, I found that I couldn't. I checked the folder settings, and they said read only. I tried to uncheck it, but it keeps reverting. The option to only make the change to the folder itself is...
  3. Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10: Hello, When I uncheck my read-only box in properties it keeps reverting and checking the box to read-only. I am on my administrator account and have full control over permissions on all drives. I have taken ownership of the drive I have given every user on my system drive...
  4. Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10

Folders keep reverting back to read only in Windows 10: How do I fix the read only on drives, folders and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-keep-reverting-back-to-read-only-in/072006ef-a2fd-41c1-a2c1-74798d068a0c
  5. My folders keep reverting to read only

My folders keep reverting to read only: Every time i uncheck read only it just goes back to read only after a few mins this means i cant play any games on steam as it keeps telling me the folder is read only please help...
  6. Windows 10 - Folders keep reverting back to "Read only"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Folders keep reverting back to "Read only": Recently I notice that all of my folders are marked as "Read only". I have tried multiple ways to get rid of it but no luck yet. I've looked up every possible way on the internet - like changing/granting permissions to users (though I am the admin), putting some lines into...
  7. Folders keep reverting to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders keep reverting to read-only: Hi all, Not sure if this is the place to get help, but couldn't think where else to go. As the title says, every time I change a folder's settings to read-write, it reverts to read-only. My account is an admin account and I've changed all my disks to read write with the...
  8. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  9. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...
  10. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps reverting to read-only on entire

2. read only keeps reverting

3. work folders on-demand file access always reverts back to enabled.

4. i keep unselecting read-only on my files and it keeps reverting back,
  5. how to keep file from reverting to read only,
  6. folder reverts back to read only,
  7. windows 10 folder keeps returning to read only,
  8. permission reverts back to read only after change in windows 10,
  9. how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10,
  10. folders keep reverting to read only