Windows 10: How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

Discus and support How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am unable to change "Read Only" in any of my folders in any drives of the 2 Hard Disc in my computer. I tried changing "Full Control" for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by V.K.S.B.K_, Aug 31, 2019.

1. How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

Hi,

I am unable to change "Read Only" in any of my folders in any drives of the 2 Hard Disc in my computer. I tried changing "Full Control" for permission in the "Security"; but still it revert back to "Read Only".

Please help to solve this problem.

Thanks

VKSBK

:)

V.K.S.B.K_, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Steven Win User
    Folder keeps reverting to read-only

Every time I un-check the "read-only" attribute on a folder it automatically reverts the changes I've made.

I tried taking full control of the folder as the administrator and as users and I've also tried using "attrib -r +s drive:\\" in run but it doesnt seem to work.

How can I change the file to read only and keep it from changing back?
    (I'm on windows 10 Home)

Steven , Aug 31, 2019
  4. CasvM Win User

How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

All folders are read-only

Just today I wanted to change the properties of one file in my music folder, but was unable to. After some digging around I found out that the folder it was in was a read-only folder, upon trying to uncheck the box, then closing it, it reverts
    itself to read-only. I have tried several solutions, but was unable to change the folder back to normal.

Any help would be appreciated,

Cas

Solutions I have tried and threads I have looked at:

CasvM, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

1. How to Fix Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Fix Folder Keeps

2. How to revert folders from being read only?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to revert folders from being read only?: After installing a certain app or because of the new windows update, all the files in my C drive have become read only and when I try to revert it, it reverts but as soon as I open properties again, it is set back to read only. I am very frustrated with this issue and would...
  3. Folders keep reverting to read only, nothing helps and nothing works.

Folders keep reverting to read only, nothing helps and nothing works.: [ATTACH]I trayed to do the thing I usually do, convert some of my NEF pictures in Nikon software and got this message. I started looking into attributes of all my folders and got this:[ATTACH] all folders on my two disks same to be affected. I went through all steps I...
  4. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...
  5. All Folders Read Only

All Folders Read Only: All folders seem to be listed as Read Only. Do not have third party antivirus. Yes, I already checked Permissions and Ownership Yes, I have already followed every tutorial and suggestion on this site....
  6. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...
  7. Folders show as Read only in Windows 10. How to change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders show as Read only in Windows 10. How to change?: I recently cannot open, edit and save a file as the folders are all marked as Read only. I cannot change them within Windows explorer, although it goes through the motions of resetting. It is as if I have lost control as an administrator. Please help me unmark the folders...
  8. all folders are read only

in Windows 10 Support
    all folders are read only: Today I discovered that all my files are read only. I had saved a spreadsheet yesterday, then today I went to open it and it said read only. Then I looked at other files and the read only box was checked. Even when I unchecked it, and closing the property box, when I opened...
  9. folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only: When I have to write to a sub-folder in either Program Files or Program Files (x86) and regardless if I turn off Read-Only attribute for the folder, the folder attribute always reverts back to Read Only toggled on within a Standard Account even though I'm prompt for the Admin...
  10. My folder keeps Rechecking itself as Read-Only!

in Windows 10 Support
    My folder keeps Rechecking itself as Read-Only!: Hi, I'm using DesktopServer to develop local sites on my Win 10 computer. I don't recall this ever happening before but now when I tried to create a website by importing my backup archive, I get this error about not being able to write and update... [img] ...which then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders keep reverting to read only