Windows 10: How to fix grey screen

Discus and support How to fix grey screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not sure how this happened but my computer is stuck on this grey screen. I've tried shutting down the laptop 3 times to reset it but it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mia duong, Apr 19, 2020.

1. mia duong Win User

How to fix grey screen

I'm not sure how this happened but my computer is stuck on this grey screen. I've tried shutting down the laptop 3 times to reset it but it doesn't work. The keyboards also don't work but there is an option for the on-screen keyboard. Please help, thank you.

How to fix grey screen [​IMG]

:)

mia duong, Apr 19, 2020

2. 5870 grey screen fixed?

Hi
    A friend want to sell me XFX 5870 XXX Edition for a good price, but he tell me that he had some problems "grey scrren, horizental lines"
    I know that it"s an old problem, but wish to know if it is fixed ?
    thanks

finndrummer, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 19, 2020
  4. dir_d Win User

How to fix grey screen

HD5770 grey screen problem

My Grey Screen was caused by bad memory. Changed the memory and everything has been good for over a year. What i mean by this is that Grey Screens are not black and white to solve they are in the grey area. There are alot of different components within your computer that can be causing the grey screen. If you can i would RMA 1st though because the GPU may be really sensitive to your system. If you still have issues after the RMA got for overclocks and RAM.

dir_d, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

How to fix grey screen

1. How to fix grey screen - Similar Threads - fix grey screen

2. How to fix the Grey screen of death

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix the Grey screen of death: So, I have been experiencing the Grey screen of death, every time I log into my pc there is a grey screen and nothing else my apps and everything are gone and the tuts on yt all are useless for me at this moment. My home screen just goes grey my lock screen and the password...
  3. How to fix the Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the Grey screen of death: So, I have been experiencing the Grey screen of death, every time I log into my pc there is a grey screen and nothing else my apps and everything are gone and the tuts on yt all are useless for me at this moment. My home screen just goes grey my lock screen and the password...
  4. How to fix the Grey screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.: I restarted my pc removed files and I opened it and it showed a grey screen. After waiting a little bit it started flickering the grey screen so I restarted the entire pc.It still showed the grey screen flashing. Pls respond because I’ve had this glitch for 2 days now. I am...
  6. How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.

How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.: I restarted my pc removed files and I opened it and it showed a grey screen. After waiting a little bit it started flickering the grey screen so I restarted the entire pc.It still showed the grey screen flashing. Pls respond because I’ve had this glitch for 2 days now. I am...
  7. Grey screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen: I just reset my pc and when I power up after it loads my screen is just gray. I can see my cursor but nothing else. I have an Alienware aurora r8. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-screen/6b955bcd-a7ea-4968-b21f-90a771f36374
  8. Grey screen

Grey screen: Whenever I trun on my windows laptop, the login screen works just fine but if I try to login into my account it either shows a grey screen with perfectly working cursor or it shows the welcome screen for a while and then redirects to the login screen and never actually allows...
  9. How to fix grey screen when opening the laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to fix grey screen when opening the laptop.: Need ur support in order to fix my new laptop I finished the process of definition the accounts last week when I come this week to open the lap I found this issue I check the internet and it’s connnected and also I did 3 times restart but also the same message come...
  10. Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Grey Screen: Hi, I have a problem where if the monitor has been switched off for a while (but PC is still on), when I turn monitor back on I just have a grey screen, no cursor or anything. Lights on PC are still on, but I have to switch PC off, then back on, and all is fine again. I...