Windows 10: How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?

Discus and support How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been experiencing hanging or freezes (see the picture below) on my computer when it starts up. What I often do is to force a shutdown thru the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mudum, Jan 20, 2016.

1. mudum Win User

How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?

I have been experiencing hanging or freezes (see the picture below) on my computer when it starts up. What I often do is to force a shutdown thru the "Power" button (once or sometimes twice) so that the computer may start up normally.

Can anybody tell me what the problem may be? What is the solution for this issue?

Thanks, M.

How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup? [​IMG]

:)

mudum, Jan 20, 2016

2. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade on a Dell Precision 390?

Hi Prahalad,

the graphics drivers install without any problems. The random freeze/hang issue is while running Windows 10 with the NVIDIA graphics driver.

Uninstalling the NVIDIA driver and installing the Microsoft Basic Display driver fixes the freeze/hang issue.

Thanks.

Graham Hay, Jan 20, 2016
  3. New Windows 10 Installation freezes as soon as I connect to the internet through the phone

Thanks for the answer,

I've been digging online a bit and I found a thread explaining what the problem is and how to fix it.

The hang ups/freeze is caused by using RNDIS 5 drivers.

After manually installing the RNDIS 6 drivers, the problem is gone.

Source:

xda-developers.com

following the steps mentioned there solved my problem completely.

Best regards,

Daniel Cohen.

danielcoh92, Jan 20, 2016
Thema:

How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup?

1. How to Fix Hangings or Freezes on Startup? - Similar Threads - Fix Hangings Freezes

2. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  3. How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my PC from freezing on startup?: I’m currently on the most updated version of Windows 11 I’ve been dealing with a problem of mine for over a week now. It started off with my PC not booting to windows properly and beginning the automatic repair, so I would simply restart my PC and everything would be fine....
  4. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...
  5. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup: my windows is freezing on startup. when I restart or open up my desktop, when it arrives at the windows logo and loads, it hangs all the time. All I can do is to go to bios and to save and reset there so I could access my pc. Is there a way to solve this? tried so many...
  6. how to fix windows 10 when it freezes on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix hanging and freezing on Windows 10 and browsing?: I am constantly having problems with the laptop which has windows 10 and microsoft edge freezing up for several seconds and sometimes longer when I go to websites. I need to fix this , Thank you....
  8. hang at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hang at startup: gets to blue flag then stops have to reboot then it will start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hang-at-startup/d835b9a1-7760-4075-9390-200bc082c7dd
  9. Startup Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Hangs: Hi all, Since 2 or 3 weeks when I switch on my notebook, after loading my desktop it hangs loading startup programs. When it hangs, I can't even shut down, I have to press the power button 4 seconds to shut down. It happened with my 3 notebooks, but it remains only in one...
  10. Computer freezing/hanging on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing/hanging on startup: Whenever I turn my computer on it will either freeze or hang on the startup screen with the logo and the dots. I've had Windows 10 for around 2 months but I've never had this problem until a few days ago. I've tried start-up repair, system restore and clean booting but they...