Windows 10: How to fix hibernation?

Discus and support How to fix hibernation? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything was ok, but all of a sudden my PC started to turned off instead of hibernate when I click on this button. I didn’t change anything in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ismail.haya, Mar 20, 2020.

1. How to fix hibernation?

Everything was ok, but all of a sudden my PC started to turned off instead of hibernate when I click on this button. I didn’t change anything in the system

:)

ismail.haya, Mar 20, 2020

2. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Mar 20, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

How to fix hibernation?

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

How to fix hibernation?

1. How to fix hibernation? - Similar Threads - fix hibernation

2. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  3. Fixed: Hibernate does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixed: Hibernate does not work: Hi all,For you few who are sporadic computer users but want to come back to things as you left them...and/or you care deeply about the environment and want to stop your overnight drain...So you've gone to the trouble of re-enabling hibernate, and found that it's still...
  4. How to fix random low power warning and hibernation when plugged in at full battery?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix random low power warning and hibernation when plugged in at full battery?: My laptop is running windows 10. Recently it has started randomly going into hibernate mode without warning. For a couple of frames before it does it pops up a message warning low power, despite being plugged in at full battery. I have since updated my windows and drivers but...
  5. How to fix random low power warning and hibernation when plugged in at full battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix random low power warning and hibernation when plugged in at full battery?: My laptop is running windows 10. Recently it has started randomly going into hibernate mode without warning. For a couple of frames before it does it pops up a message warning low power, despite being plugged in at full battery. I have since updated my windows and drivers but...
  6. How to fix random low power warning and hibernation when plugged in at full battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 News
    Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC. How to fix it?: Hibernation allows Windows 10 PC to resume the same state as before it went to hibernation. It comes in handy when you do want to put it in sleep mode. However, if you face a problem where Hibernate does not restore the previous state of the PC, this post will help you...
  8. Hibernate does not restore previous state of PC. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernate does not restore previous state of PC. How to fix it?: I have many apps open and want to Hibernate, shut down PC completely and then boot it up and restore my work from exact state I left it. But when I boot up - all running apps are gone and I need to open them again one by one. Maybe there is an alternative to hibernate to save...
  9. Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Reason: Hibernate from Sleep - Fixed Timeout - Set Never?: I recently did a fresh install of Win 10 Creative Update. I have Hibernate on my pc set to Never. My computer is set to Sleep after 20 minutes which works fine. After it goes to sleep a minute later I can hit a key and it will return from sleep. The problem is after a long...
  10. HIbernate does not work (and lots of the obvious fixes already tried

in Windows 10 Support
    HIbernate does not work (and lots of the obvious fixes already tried: Exact description: Hibernate enabled (powercfg -h on) hiberfil.sys file present ( and = RAM) and tons of free space on C:\ When I click hibernate from power menu I see the following (a) Instant black screen but power light still on) (b) No change until I press and hold...