Windows 10: How to fix hosted network supported ?

Discus and support How to fix hosted network supported ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc:HP Pavilion-15-cc115tu. Update windows 10. I do not have also microsoft hosted network virtual adapter in network adapter. Driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SayemZK., Jan 23, 2021.

1. SayemZK. Win User

How to fix hosted network supported ?

My pc:HP Pavilion-15-cc115tu.
    Update windows 10.
    I do not have also microsoft hosted network virtual adapter in network adapter.

Driver : IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    Vendor : Intel Corporation
    Provider : Microsoft
    Date : 10/17/2017
    Version : 19.51.8.3
    INF file : netwtw04.inf
    Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver
    Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11g 802.11n 802.11a 802.11ac
    FIPS 140-2 mode supported : Yes
    802.11w Management Frame Protection supported : Yes
    Hosted network supported : No----------------------------------------------how to fix.
    Authentication and cipher supported in infrastructure mode:
    Open None
    Open WEP-40bit
    Open WEP-104bit
    Open WEP
    WPA-Enterprise TKIP
    WPA-Enterprise CCMP
    WPA-Personal TKIP
    WPA-Personal CCMP
    WPA2-Enterprise TKIP
    WPA2-Enterprise CCMP
    WPA2-Personal TKIP
    WPA2-Personal CCMP
    Open Vendor defined
    Vendor defined Vendor defined
    IHV service present : Yes
    IHV adapter OUI : [00 00 00], type: [00]
    IHV extensibility DLL path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelWifiIhv04.dll
    IHV UI extensibility ClSID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    IHV diagnostics CLSID : {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
    Wireless Display Supported: Yes Graphics Driver: Yes, Wi-Fi Driver: Yes

:)

SayemZK., Jan 23, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Hotspot not working error HOSTED NETWORK SUPPORT:NO

Hi Phani,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the link below suggested by JayCap on November 19, 2015
    and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps.

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Wlan network driver shows "hosted network support: no", how to fix this on Windows 10?

Hello Pavith,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing the above issue due to the wireless network adapter driver not installed on the PC. Installing the network adapter driver onto the device will help in connecting the PC to Wi-Fi and other wireless communications.

Method 1: I suggest you to download and install latest and compatible wireless network adapter for Windows 10 operating system from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Start the hosted network on PC by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

• Type netsh wlan command in the window and press
      Enter.

• Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork and press
      Enter.

• Check for the status in the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Also check if wlansvc services is
    running and set to automatic in the Services window by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Services and select the top most search result.

• Locate WLAN auto config from the window and check
      Status shows Running and Startup type is set to
      Automatic.

• If not, double click on the service and change the
      Status and Startup type to Running and
      Automatic.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Refer to the link below on the similar issue and check if it helps

Hosted Network Supported: No after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1

Also refer to the link below on About the Wireless Hosted Network

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/li...243(v=vs.85).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 23, 2021
  4. How to fix hosted network supported ?

Hosted network support not available on Surface Book2

The new wlan network cards for Windows 10 do not support the hosted network because Windows has provided the mobile hotspot feature in its place. So network adapter manufacturers no longer provide
    drivers to support the hosted network.

You can still use the network hosted in Windows 10 on those old network cards where there is the appropriate driver for this feature.Read here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...3257/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Try changing the driver manually:

1) Go to Device Manager> Network Cards, select the card in use, choose "Update Driver"

2) Select "Search for driver software on your computer"

3) Select "Choose from a list of drivers available on your computer"

4. Two or more drivers will be listed, select a different driver from the one currently used on your computer, then install it.

If you do not resolve, try to contact the manufacturer of your network card and ask if they can suggest an appropriate driver that supports the hosted network.

Otherwise you have to opt for the mobile hotspot.

franco d'esaro, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

How to fix hosted network supported ?

1. How to fix hosted network supported ? - Similar Threads - fix hosted network

2. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted network supported : No: Hi can help me how to fix " Hosted network supported : No" which I use ethernet adapter and I use windows 11 newest and I use Intel® Wireless-AC 9560"Anyone can help?...
  3. hosted network supported: no

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hosted network supported: no: Hello all,I'm attempting to set up a virtual router for a VPN and I've attempted every troubleshooting tutorial and video out there and cant figure this out!I'm fresh install of windows 11, drivers seem to be updated, please assist.Network is already shared.Network adapters...
  4. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted network supported : No: Interface name: Wi-Fi Driver : MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card Vendor : MediaTek, Inc. Provider : MediaTek, Inc. Date : 8/10/2022 Version : 3.0.1.1264 INF file : oem159.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11a 802.11g 802.11n 802.11ac...
  5. Hosted network supported : No

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted network supported : No: Interface name: Wi-Fi Driver : MediaTek Wi-Fi 6 MT7921 Wireless LAN Card Vendor : MediaTek, Inc. Provider : MediaTek, Inc. Date : 8/10/2022 Version : 3.0.1.1264 INF file : oem159.inf Type : Native Wi-Fi Driver Radio types supported : 802.11b 802.11a 802.11g 802.11n 802.11ac...
  6. Hosted Network Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network Not Supported: So for about a month now I've been trying to figure out how to fix my mobile hotspot, but I've ran into an issue that comes along with windows 10. With windows 10, hosted networks are often not supported. I've done a lot of research and a solution most users have found are...
  7. Hosted Network Not Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted Network Not Supported: So for about a month now I've been trying to figure out how to fix my mobile hotspot, but I've ran into an issue that comes along with windows 10. With windows 10, hosted networks are often not supported. I've done a lot of research and a solution most users have found are...
  8. Hosted Network Supported: No

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted Network Supported: No: Hello! I am currently trying to broadcast my network but i can't do it. When I go to CMD, it says "Hosted Network Supported: No," and I have tried multiple solutions on the web. I am using a Predator PT315-52. Please help....
  9. Hosted Network Supported: No

Hosted Network Supported: No: I know there are a lot of threads about that, but I couldn't fix my problem. My laptop's adapter: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter It says Hosted Network Supported: No, it's already updated and I don't know what to do....
  10. hosted network support- no

hosted network support- no: How to to enable it hosted network support? Image is attached. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hosted-network-support-no/c6c54fdf-7cb4-44e1-b010-1cc831d7f41b