Windows 10: How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

Discus and support How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to fix this for little over a month now I have got no luck. I've tried everything I could think but nothing works. I tried different usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mustanggt2010 Hoffman, Dec 2, 2023.

1. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

I have tried to fix this for little over a month now I have got no luck. I've tried everything I could think but nothing works. I tried different usb ports but they don't work, but when I use a older keyboard it works. I'm very confused on how I could fix this. I have tried going into the BIOS and that didn't really help. I've tried going into safe mode but I don't know how without a mouse and keyboard. I can use the older keyboard but still won't have a mouse to use. Is there any way you could help

:)

Mustanggt2010 Hoffman, Dec 2, 2023

2. Keyboard and mouse not working second request

Hi Julie,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that Keyboard and mouse is not working.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and sorry for the delay in response. I will be happy to assist you with this.

Please let us know the steps you have performed already. Follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Please follow the steps provided in the below link and check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...uchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab01

If still the issue persists, then I would suggest follow the below methods:

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install keyboard and mouse drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the keyboard drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest keyboard and mouse drivers for “Windows 10” from manufacturer’s website and check if that helps.

Method 3: Perform Clean Boot

We can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.
    Here is the link for your reference to perform clean boot and check if that helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup
    after fixing the issue.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.

I've tried:

• Unplugging my keyboard and mouse, restarting my pc, then plugging my keyboard and mouse back in
    • Unplugging my pc for a few minutes
    • Loading up a system restore point from automatic repair
    • Booting up safe mode through automatic repair
    My keyboard and mouse seem to work when I load up automatic repair, but, whenever I try to restart my pc, I still can't use my keyboard and mouse. I've also tried using different keyboards and mice, but they didn't work either. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

LangstonAnderson, Dec 2, 2023
  4. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

1. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds - Similar Threads - fix keyboard mouse

2. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds: I have tried to fix this for little over a month now I have got no luck. I've tried everything I could think but nothing works. I tried different usb ports but they don't work, but when I use a older keyboard it works. I'm very confused on how I could fix this. I have tried...
  3. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.: So I've recently bought a new camera Logitech C920, I haven't really been using it often but recently I've plugged it into my PC and I've realised sometimes my camera turns on for couple of seconds as if something or someone is using it to spy on me? I've disallowed every...
  4. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.: So I've recently bought a new camera Logitech C920, I haven't really been using it often but recently I've plugged it into my PC and I've realised sometimes my camera turns on for couple of seconds as if something or someone is using it to spy on me? I've disallowed every...
  5. Camera turns on for couple of seconds and then turns off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse lags for a second every couple of seconds: Hello I have a problem that my mouse "Logitech G500s" Lags for a couple of seconds every 2 seconds randomly from 5 hours to 10 minutes it's really annoying but i observated something that whenever my mouse lags it disables Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keybinds on mouse Not...
  7. Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Webcam stops working after a couple of seconds: Hello all, I'm researching a problem that a couple of computers I know are experiencing. Basically the webcam works for a couple of seconds, just like normal, but then it freezes and goes black. Turning it off - on again will make it work for a couple of seconds, but then it...
  8. Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse freezes for ~half a second every couple seconds.: This issue has been bugging me ever since a couple of weeks ago when I added another graphics card to my PC. I did not install any drivers for it and I actually removed it about a week ago and it did not fix the problem. I've updated my graphics card drivers, then rolled them...
  9. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....: I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that has been there since the beginning but has lately seemed to accelerate and it's driving me totally crazy (as if other world...
  10. Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen

Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen: As the title says my keyboard and mouse don't work for a couple seconds when booting into Windows 10 & i'm on the lock screen waiting for it to start working. I have no problems in games and other applications but when i turn my computer off for the night and go back on it...