Windows 10: How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?

Discus and support How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My brother came to me with the issue of some of his keys not working. He is using a Gateway Windows 11 laptop. He was using it completely well up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nigel Luke, Nov 2, 2023.

1. How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?

My brother came to me with the issue of some of his keys not working. He is using a Gateway Windows 11 laptop. He was using it completely well up until yesterday when he got home from school only to find some keys not working. I have tried multiple methods of fixing I found on YouTube, including factory resetting the laptop, and checking for driver updates but the problem still occurs. What I found strange is when, I tried to troubleshoot, keyboard wasn't an option so I didn't do it but in the manager it days that the keyboard is working fine. I tried uninstalling the keyboard but I didn't get

:)

Nigel Luke, Nov 2, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 2, 2023
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Nov 2, 2023
  4. How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?

Laptop Keyboard keys not working -- not a hardware issue.

Change the Keyboard Settings - Follow these steps:

1. Right-click on the Windows Start button and open the Settings app.
    2. Select the Accessibility tab from the left sidebar.
    3. Click on Keyboard on the right side of the screen.
    4. Disable the toggles next to Sticky keys, Filter keys, and Toggle keys.
    5. Disable the toggle next to Underline access keys.
    6. Then, go to Typing under Related settings.
    7. Turn off the toggles next to Show text suggestions when typing on the physical keyboard and Multilingual text suggestions.
    8. After that, click on Advanced keyboard settings and make sure the correct language option is selected.

KrishanVijay, Nov 2, 2023
Thema:

How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?

1. How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working? - Similar Threads - fix keyboard keys

2. How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix keyboard keys on a laptop not working?: My brother came to me with the issue of some of his keys not working. He is using a Gateway Windows 11 laptop. He was using it completely well up until yesterday when he got home from school only to find some keys not working. I have tried multiple methods of fixing I found...
  3. How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?: I've been using a black laptop for my college life, but it appears that several keys do not work. When I checked to see what happened to my keyboard, I noticed several keys being unresponsive when pressed: the p key, square bracket keys, backward slash key, and right arrow...
  4. How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?

How to fix laptop keyboard with frozen keys?: I've been using a black laptop for my college life, but it appears that several keys do not work. When I checked to see what happened to my keyboard, I noticed several keys being unresponsive when pressed: the p key, square bracket keys, backward slash key, and right arrow...
  5. How to fix laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop keyboard?: As of recent, my keyboard completely stopped working while using my laptop. For a few minutes, only the spacebar worked and even after that stopped functioning as well. I've came here to find some help, and nothing seemed to relieve the issue. I've restarted my laptop,...
  6. How to fix laptop keyboard?

How to fix laptop keyboard?: As of recent, my keyboard completely stopped working while using my laptop. For a few minutes, only the spacebar worked and even after that stopped functioning as well. I've came here to find some help, and nothing seemed to relieve the issue. I've restarted my laptop,...
  7. How to fix laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to fix cursor and keyboard not working on Microsoft laptop

How to fix cursor and keyboard not working on Microsoft laptop: I recently went onto my laptop and found the cursor was not to be seen and the keyboard was unresponsive. It lights up when I press a key but does not work....
  9. How to fix laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop keyboard?: My keyboard keeps typing letters which i dont want to. Even though im not typing anything, a letter will keep spamming. How do i stop this? It doesnt occur all the time but each time this happens, it is a different letter....
  10. How to fix laptop keyboard?

How to fix laptop keyboard?: My keyboard keeps typing letters which i dont want to. Even though im not typing anything, a letter will keep spamming. How do i stop this? It doesnt occur all the time but each time this happens, it is a different letter....