Windows 10: How to fix lag on Windows 10?

Discus and support How to fix lag on Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Y50 gaming laptop running Windows 10 and when I run a game like Borderlands 2 I get lag. I already tried cleaning the computer using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bluntc0ncussi0n, Nov 12, 2016.

1. How to fix lag on Windows 10?

I have a Lenovo Y50 gaming laptop running Windows 10 and when I run a game like Borderlands 2 I get lag. I already tried cleaning the computer using CCleaner and Disk Cleanup, as well as removing any unnecessary files and uninstall any programs. I'm not sure what's going on since I my laptop is a very good gaming laptop, and there isn't really that much else on my laptop other than a few shows and movies, and one other game. Please let me know how to fix this problem. Your help would be much appreciated.

:)

bluntc0ncussi0n, Nov 12, 2016

2. Onscreen keyboard lag when trying to type

Original Title: Onscreen keyboard lag

my onscreen keyboard constantly lags when im trying to type how do i fix it? I have windows 10

MaxineColeman, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Mouse Lag

Windows 10 updated the other day. Now my mouse lags. How can I fix this?

PatsyGardiner, Nov 12, 2016
  4. How to fix lag on Windows 10?

Hello?? Is anyone gonna help me fix my issue with playing this game?? And if it helps to note, I tried lowering the display settings to low rather than medium or high so that the game could possibly run more smoothly, but I end up still getting a lot of lag on a gaming laptop which seemingly has no other issues associated with it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

bluntc0ncussi0n, Nov 13, 2016
  5. It is a common problem, there is not a general fix for that other than trying to disable some functions.
    Known culprits are: Windows Defender, Windows Search (Cortana), Windows notifications, indexing, spying.
    You can use Driver Easy Free to check for the latest drivers. Download WC.bat and run it as admin for cleanup.

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2016
  6. I can disable those services, but how do I make sure they don't start again like when I reboot?

7. When you disable then, not just stop, they will stay disabled. To disable WD run Disable WD as admin.

TairikuOkami, Nov 13, 2016
  8. How to fix lag on Windows 10?

Ok thanks for the help!

9. Compcon Win User
    You could also try disabling some start up services. Don't go mad with them all, some you do need and some you won't. Have a look whats on the list an just type it into google and see if they're needed or not, unless you know they definitely are and definitely do not need them.

Compcon, Nov 13, 2016
  10. I have already disabled WD, unnecessary startup services and I still get lag when I play a game called Borderlands 2 but no other game gets lag. Is it just the game that's corrupted? Should I wait for the next patch or something, cuz I was playing with my friend who has a Mack and he says he gets no lag whatsoever. Game details have already been lowered, and unnecessary files have bee removed as well.

bluntc0ncussi0n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to fix lag on Windows 10?

1. How to fix lag on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - fix lag

2. I keep getting lag spikes when playing any game, I have no idea how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting lag spikes when playing any game, I have no idea how to fix it!: I just recently got a pc, the first day I got it all was fine and normal. But then the day after I kept getting lag spikes consistently when playing games that are multiplayer at least. I've looked at tut and they don't seem like they could help, so if anybody can help me...
  3. I keep getting lag spikes when playing any game, I have no idea how to fix it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting lag spikes when playing any game, I have no idea how to fix it!: I just recently got a pc, the first day I got it all was fine and normal. But then the day after I kept getting lag spikes consistently when playing games that are multiplayer at least. I've looked at tut and they don't seem like they could help, so if anybody can help me...
  4. How do I fix random lag spikes on HP Windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix random lag spikes on HP Windows 11 laptop?: Been having this issue ever since I bought it in January this year. It's a laptop I use for school, and it has lag spikes every 5-10 seconds affecting the whole experience using the laptop, especially the mousepad which freezes constantly making the laptop hard to use. It...
  5. How do I fix random lag spikes on HP Windows 11 laptop?

How do I fix random lag spikes on HP Windows 11 laptop?: Been having this issue ever since I bought it in January this year. It's a laptop I use for school, and it has lag spikes every 5-10 seconds affecting the whole experience using the laptop, especially the mousepad which freezes constantly making the laptop hard to use. It...
  6. How do i fix the lag in Roblox? Also, it has something to do with the temporary file folder...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i fix the lag in Roblox? Also, it has something to do with the temporary file folder...: I don't know why, but before the %temp% temporary files did nothing to my roblox's performance and now it %temp% effects my roblox's performance sometimes the game's fps drops a lot then returns back to normal or dropping below 60 and then returning to normal fps. This is so...
  7. How do i fix the lag in Roblox? Also, it has something to do with the temporary file folder...

How do i fix the lag in Roblox? Also, it has something to do with the temporary file folder...: I don't know why, but before the %temp% temporary files did nothing to my roblox's performance and now it %temp% effects my roblox's performance sometimes the game's fps drops a lot then returns back to normal or dropping below 60 and then returning to normal fps. This is so...
  8. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  9. Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing

Keyboard Delay/Lag not fixing: I have tried multiple methods to get this to stop but nothing works and its driving me crazy. please someone help with this problem.my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Elite and im running on Windows 11....
  10. Please fix Windows explorer lag issue on Windows 11 22H2 build latest

Please fix Windows explorer lag issue on Windows 11 22H2 build latest: After the January update KB5034204..windows explorer is lagging like a hell.. I need to restart the windows exploere task from task manager in order to use it properly. I am using windows 11 22H2 build. Please microsoft fix this annoying bug immediately.. can't use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix lag problem in pc lenovo windows 10 for free

2. windows 10 lag wont fix

3. how to solve lagg in the game w10

4. fix lag window 10