Windows 10: how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ?

Discus and support how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please understand that I am not good at English so. Last month, I upgraded SSD-equipped computer to windows 10 from windows 7. The boot speed after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 박민정, Sep 26, 2019.

1. 박민정 Win User

how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ?

Please understand that I am not good at English so.

Last month, I upgraded SSD-equipped computer to windows 10 from windows 7. The boot speed after the upgrade was less than 20 seconds of the upgrade.

Yesterday, I replaced a new mouse and the boot speed was slow to over two minutes. Only the mouse was replaced!. I couln't believe it, so I plugged in the old mouse and boot speed was 20 seconds. Both the new and old mouse are hid-mouse and USB port mouse. So I erased mouse drivers, shut down the computer, plugged in the new mouse, and turned on the computer. But, The boot speed also was slow to over 2 minutes. I don't know how to fix it. please help me.

:)

박민정, Sep 26, 2019
  2. Galant Win User

Very long boot-times with DVD-drive?

Hi guys,

got a lil problem here. My machine takes very long to boot. It sits @ that windows-knight-rider screen and the blue line is crossing about 10-12 times before anything happens. Yesterday i had to disconnect my DVD to connect my reserve hdd and see... it boots after
    3 or 4 times of that line passing. Is that coz i got a bad driver or bad firmware there....Don´t know if driver makes difference coz i think windows got 1 generic and it don´t affect my secondary DVD drive... any suggestions?

Galant, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 26, 2019
  4. how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ?

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ?

1. how to fix long boot time in windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - fix long boot

2. Long boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  3. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long boot time: Hi,Windows 10 pro, Why is it that if I reboot after turning off my computer my boot time is a little over a minute, but if I choose re-start it takes 2 or 3 minutes.I'd appreciate your insight....
  4. Long boot time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 exteremely long boot time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 exteremely long boot time.: I have Windows 10 Home 10.0.19041 Buid 19041 When I boot restart or normal boot the Welcome screen comes up quite quickly with the line drawing of a head & shoulders & my name, but then it stays like that for some 10 minutes before it starts building the desktop. During...
  6. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  7. Long boot time

Long boot time: Hey guys, how's it going? I've been experiencing huge performance issues when booting Windows on. My laptop used to boot-up in about <15s when it was brand new and it stayed this way until I've updated Windows Build. It came out of factory as ver. 1803, when I've updated it...
  8. Long Booting time of windows

Long Booting time of windows: Hey , I am using a HP 15-ac122tu model laptop and it takes a long time to boot up around 30 min or long.Windows 10 is my operating system and when it's opened i experience more lag than never before.What should i do I tried some fixes on youtube but none of the worked....
  9. long boot times

long boot times: Whenever I reboot from the gui, or my computer reboots for any reason (updates/programs installs) my pc hangs at the BIOS screen for a long time and I have it set to show for only 2 seconds. [img] But when I cold boot or hard reset, its sub eight seconds. what do...
  10. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix long booting time