Windows 10: How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall

Discus and support How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't know how it happened, suddenly I noticed my Virus Protection and Firewall are broken. I tried hard for hours by reading many answers here to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by vikaskumar2299, Apr 15, 2021.

1. How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall

I don't know how it happened, suddenly I noticed my Virus Protection and Firewall are broken. I tried hard for hours by reading many answers here to fix, but I really couldn't help. Tried so many things like [COLOR=rgba32, 33, 36, 1]sfc /[/COLOR]scannow. I have been disappointed.

It is possible that I might have installed some virus by mistake. One thing to fix them is System Reset, but I want to avoid it.

Here are the problems I'm facing:

Problem 1. Firewall.

No matter how many times I click Restore settings, the error won't go.

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall 91e1df02-f1c1-4b3f-8f8b-f0feb3797154?upload=true.png

Further, the button is disabled:

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall fe850995-7092-4cfc-9ba6-9b12449d4849?upload=true.png

And in services, I can't even click Start or Stop. Looks like something is broken for sure:

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall ea10f033-bccc-487c-9b08-5142c1b09dcb?upload=true.png

Problem 2: Windows Virus Protection

First, I can't find any service named Windows Protection in services.

Further, these buttons are disabled and Yellow warnings showing up:

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall 1327c39c-5daf-43c0-8b8a-8deaabda1853?upload=true.png

Moreover, if you see, strange errors. I can't even see my exclusions. Looks like they are lost :

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall 040d6c9c-92ae-439d-b8d4-a0a31065c284?upload=true.png

Looks like all these has a common enemy, that messed up everything.

Is there any way to fix all these without Reset?

My Windows is up to date. Windows 10 Home, 19043.906

:)

vikaskumar2299, Apr 15, 2021
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. Polarman Win User
    Polarman, Apr 15, 2021
  4. How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall

Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection for Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with Windows Defender. Is that all I need?

What virus, firewall, or malware protection does Microsoft recommend we need for Windows 10 Ver 1709, beyond Defender? If any?

* Original title: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Malware Protection

Jeff Reedy, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall

1. How to fix Microsoft Virus Protection and Microsoft Firewall - Similar Threads - fix Microsoft Virus

2. microsoft virus and threat protection support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft virus and threat protection support: Hi , I'm programmer .I writed software in VB 6 15 years a go and now this software used on more computers in many countries. After last update for Windows 10 i received many messages from clients . My program is recognized as a Trojan/Win32.XWormRAT virus and microsoft virus...
  3. microsoft virus and threat protection support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft virus and threat protection support: Hi , I'm programmer .I writed software in VB 6 15 years a go and now this software used on more computers in many countries. After last update for Windows 10 i received many messages from clients . My program is recognized as a Trojan/Win32.XWormRAT virus and microsoft virus...
  4. microsoft virus and threat protection support

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Office Virus & Firewall Issues

Microsoft Office Virus & Firewall Issues: I have planned to scan my website selectmultiple.com through defender through VPN servers but the problem still persist and its showing malware around the web. Please tell me how to fix this....
  6. microsoft defender virus and threat protection

microsoft defender virus and threat protection: Virus and threat protection in Settings, Security at a glance "Threat service has stopped. Restart it now." "Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again."Account protection, Firewall & Network protection, App & browser control, and Device security are all...
  7. Microsoft firewall protection message? Is this scam?

Microsoft firewall protection message? Is this scam?: I received a microsoft firewall protection error message and was asked to call microsoft. Is this a scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-firewall-protection-message-is-this-scam/50c930fe-3f7d-4f07-ba56-235097640371
  8. downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection

downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection: good morning, I am attempting to download " webroot " anti-virus protection, the tech suggested that I purchase additional firewall protection. Is this standard practice ?...
  9. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall: When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?...
  10. Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Firewall Security for Network Protection: So, in talking to a Support Tech today regarding my inability to have a WIFI Extender show up on my Network Connection for Spectrum WIFI, I was told I needed to allow them to sign in remotely to check out the problem. I did, and was told after 20 mins of tech performing...