Windows 10: How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

Discus and support How to fix monitors going black when playing games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lewis Mason2, Apr 22, 2024.

1. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes back to being dark again. Any fix would be greatly appreciated I have tried tips from youtube like turning off pci express, turning of game mode and making sure my drivers are up to date etc. I tried to explain this best I could but its quite confusing for me to explain.

:)

Lewis Mason2, Apr 22, 2024

2. My monitor going black when playing

Hello, I've been having issues with playing almost all my games. Whenever I load into the game, if the graphics are too high then my monitor would go black. After that, sometimes not always, my computer would produce a loud noise, this is caused by a
    fan going very fast, I'm not sure what to do and I can't play anything properly.

MazenZaki1, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Monitors go black when switching or pressing Windows Key...

Only recently, my monitors went black when pressing windows key when playing a game or if i switch to my 2nd monitor both monitors go Black once i click on the other monitor it's happened since i installed Geforce Nvidia if you have any ideas for a way to
    fix this then pls help me.

Thank You!

BeauRemington1, Apr 22, 2024
  4. Stagnite Win User

How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

Monitor goes black when trying to play games

I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none of the games work, every time I try to play a game like GTA5 or RDR2 it just goes to a black monitor.

My specs are:

RTX 3070

AMD RYZEN 5 5600 6-CORE PROCESSOR

16 GIGS OF RAM

Stagnite, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

1. How to fix monitors going black when playing games? - Similar Threads - fix monitors going

2. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  3. Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both monitors go black and force a restart while playing games: An issue started for me last week where I would be playing a game and suddenly both monitors would go black and not come back. I tried using Ctrl-Alt-Delete, disconnecting and reconnecting the monitors but I can only bring the display back by forcing a restart. It's happened...
  4. How to fix monitors going black when playing games?

How to fix monitors going black when playing games?: I've been having a issue everytime I load a game both of my monitors go black and I can only access the game, for example if I'm watching something the sound continues to play in the background but I cannot see it unless I alt+tab but then when I press on the game it goes...
  5. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  6. Monitor goes black when trying to play games

Monitor goes black when trying to play games: I recently tried to play RDR2 on my computer and after a bit of playing the screen went black and told me that the HDM cable was not detecting anything, although the computer was noticeably on. I then tried to play other games on my computer after it turned back on and none...
  7. Monitor goes black when playing some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes black when playing some games.: Hey guys, I'm getting a black screen when playing certain games i.e. rocket league, fall guys, code vein, dying light + more. Unfortunately it doesn't happen on all titles which is weird. The black screen only last for a second and then the game runs perfectly fine, however...
  8. screen going black when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  9. Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both of my monitors go black when playing ROBLOX.: I was playing a game called ROBLOX and both of my monitors went black and when they turned back on Roblox said it wasn't responding and I had to open task manager to close it....
  10. My monitor going black when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor going black when playing: Hello, I've been having issues with playing almost all my games. Whenever I load into the game, if the graphics are too high then my monitor would go black. After that, sometimes not always, my computer would produce a loud noise, this is caused by a fan going very fast, I'm...