Windows 10: How to fix MS account that has no password?

Discus and support How to fix MS account that has no password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was setting up a computer for my grandson and lost internet connection just as I was setting up his MS account. The name is in the system but no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jjw842, Jul 20, 2019.

1. jjw842 Win User

How to fix MS account that has no password?

I was setting up a computer for my grandson and lost internet connection just as I was setting up his MS account. The name is in the system but no password and I cannot access it to set the pw.

:)

jjw842, Jul 20, 2019
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to fix MS account that has no password? - Similar Threads - fix account has

2. How to fix "Account password is incorrect."?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to fix "Account password is incorrect."?: I have recently changed my Microsoft account password and when I turn on my pc it says that my account password is incorrect so I have to type it manually. That's really annoying. How to fix it?...
  3. How to fix "Account password is incorrect."?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "Account password is incorrect."?: I have recently changed my Microsoft account password and when I turn on my pc it says that my account password is incorrect so I have to type it manually. That's really annoying. How to fix it?...
  4. How to fix "Account password is incorrect."?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with resetting password to MS account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with resetting password to MS account.: Yesterday, I tried to change my MS password too many times confusion with a new phone. At the end of the day I was told that I had to wait until tomorrow to try again. Now, today, I got the same message at the first attempt. How do I overcome this?...
  6. Can't change MS account password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change MS account password.: I want to change my password associated with my Microsoft account. I know the current password is correct as I can sign in using a browser. Problem is that when I use the same password in the 'change password' dialogue, it returns the message 'The password is incorrect....
  7. Can't change MS account password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change MS account password.: I want to change my password associated with my Microsoft account. I know the current password is correct as I can sign in using a browser. Problem is that when I use the same password in the 'change password' dialogue, it returns the message 'The password is incorrect....
  8. Can't change MS account password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Removing a MS account without password

Removing a MS account without password: I had a school account and a normal personal use account. Only the school account got removed i think and it gives me a notification everytime i start windows 10 that my work or school account has problems. Only thing is, if i want to remove the account to not get the message...
  10. Start up Password and MS Account

Start up Password and MS Account: Why do I have to put a password and email address into my new laptop when it starts? I have never had to use an email address and password to start a computer since I left work 12 years ago when we ran a very large number of public machines. Why does a private machine need...