Windows 10: How to fix MS account that has no password?

Discus and support How to fix MS account that has no password? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was setting up a computer for my grandson and lost internet connection just as I was setting up his MS account. The name is in the system but no... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jjw842, Jul 20, 2019.

1. jjw842 Win User

How to fix MS account that has no password?

I was setting up a computer for my grandson and lost internet connection just as I was setting up his MS account. The name is in the system but no password and I cannot access it to set the pw.

:)

jjw842, Jul 20, 2019
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to fix MS account that has no password? - Similar Threads - fix account has

2. Start up Password and MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start up Password and MS Account: Why do I have to put a password and email address into my new laptop when it starts? I have never had to use an email address and password to start a computer since I left work 12 years ago when we ran a very large number of public machines. Why does a private machine need...
  3. MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Accounts: I had a previous MS account and I think it was being hacked at one time, so I closed out the email address it was under though through the ISP as I moved out of state. Now I need to know if this account is still "open" as I try to login and MS is stating this account does not...
  4. How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I fix a Microsoft Account problem message concerning password.: Occasionally there is a message in the notification center that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. It says that it may be due to a password change. I have my main PC set up to sign in using a local account and the laptop set up to sign in with the Microsoft account...
  5. People has an account the has a yellow triangle, and it says that it need to be fix, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People has an account the has a yellow triangle, and it says that it need to be fix, but...: see above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/people-has-an-account-the-has-a-yellow-triangle/34883e5a-0647-4f4a-97e2-66eb2f11013e
  6. is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password: Hi, My surface pro 3, which is running win 10, is unlocked. I am using it to make this query. But, I need to know my password for this machine to hook it into my pc. I never lock it, so I haven't needed to use my Surface log-in password. Is it the same as my MS Account...
  7. How to fix ms-resource:appDisplayName solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix ms-resource:appDisplayName solved: How to fix ms-resource:appDisplayName in start menu. The way to do it is to use UVK( Ultra Virus Killer) free software tool. Install open UVK tool and go to system repair and on the bottom left look for " Launch Account Profile Fixer" click Run Selected fixes/apps and...
  8. "You need fix your MS account" popup

"You need fix your MS account" popup: This is what I'm talking about [img] 76501
  9. Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps."

Utter confusion: MS Account and "You need to fix MS account for apps.": OK, I have Googled this annoying notification and have become completely confused on how to handle it. The reason for this is that I just don't understand (or rather, can't get a handle on) MS account. So, let me tell you what I have, and perhaps you can lead me on as how to...
  10. Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please Ms FIX the shares issue when using an MS account: Hi there as Ms people obviously read these excellent Forums -- please seriously sort out the Networking issues some of us (a lot actually) have with accessing shares on our LANS when using logged on with an Ms account. The networking seems to work fine when using a...