Windows 10: How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it"

Discus and support How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, im having an issue with my windows 10 version 1903/os build 1836 .1. i cannot access the control panel after the last update. I Already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pabloantunes, Sep 19, 2019.

1. How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it"

Hello, im having an issue with my windows 10 version 1903/os build 1836 .1. i cannot access the control panel after the last update. I Already downloaded and instaled the last update from the microsoft web. Can a i get some help please?

:)

pabloantunes, Sep 19, 2019

2. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 19, 2019
  3. ms-settings: display

I tried opening display settings by right clicking on the desktop and got an error message which says:

ms-settings: display

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if on is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

so I found out I can open anything except the settings app

I tried some ways I found through the internet like going through the regedit but It can't open it either.

Tried sfc/scannow too but it was not able to fix some of the corrupted files. which did make me find out that it has corrupted files.

I tried updating too but my laptop is not set on automatic update which you can only fix by going through the settings.

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions I could get.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

RenzoVisperas, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Motim Win User

How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it"

File Association to Programs

Hello,
    Some programs on the pc were not installed with the installer - they are portable zip files, I unziped them into a folder, made a shortcut to the desktop and they work fine for me. They are not listed in the 'installed programs' list.
    I am trying to associate certain files to such programs, I open the "default programs" panel to set the association, but when I want to change the current program, it opens the 'look into the store', no option to browse into the windows explorer,
    to set the default program.
    Hope I made myself clear.
    Thanks for answers

Motim, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it"

1. How to fix: "ms-settings:display This File does not have a Program Associated with it" - Similar Threads - fix settings display

2. How to fix "this file does not have an ap associated with it"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "this file does not have an ap associated with it": So i got myself into a bit of a pickle. I just got a brand new pc and i recently encountered this problem where my windows app, search bar and anything related to the two will not work. I cannot open any settings or use the windows start app. If anyone has any idea how to fix...
  3. How to fix "this file does not have an ap associated with it"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix "this file does not have an ap associated with it": So i got myself into a bit of a pickle. I just got a brand new pc and i recently encountered this problem where my windows app, search bar and anything related to the two will not work. I cannot open any settings or use the windows start app. If anyone has any idea how to fix...
  4. ms-settings:personalization-background "This file does not have a program associated with...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ms-settings:personalization-background "This file does not have a program associated with...: The year is 2020 and I started having the problem people have been having for the last five years. I've tried the sfc and dism method but didn't work and for some reason I'm not able to create a new user. How can I solve it? Windows version 2004 os build 19041.508...
  5. How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action....: [ATTACH] When I try to open anything this pops up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-file-does-not-have-an-app/d258dc48-07be-4b94-a228-720ef39bbf26
  6. Error " ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated" "

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error " ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated" ": [ATTACH] Hi all Getting this error on a couple of machines after a profile rebuild. This error appears for any settings menu that we try to open that uses the modern PC Settings interface....
  7. Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it''

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall program ''File does not have a program associated with it'': I want to uninstall some programs but I can't because when I try I get the ''this file is not associated with a program to perform the action'' and I don't know how to fix it. Should I download an uninstaller program? Please help x...
  8. ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated"

ms-settings:display "This file does not have an app associated": I right click desktop and choose 'DisplaySettings' and get this error [ATTACH] I am able to access Display Settings by opening Settings. Just can't right click desk top. right clicking desktop is more convenient. Can you please help me associate the correct application...
  9. How to set Program Associations

How to set Program Associations: How do I set Program Associations on Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-program-associations/1384abd2-ea11-481e-a4a6-018ff3a6a3ea
  10. Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator -> This file does not have a program associated..: There seems to be a permanent "Run as administrator" entry in my right-click context menu. If I click on this for anything but an executable or shortcut to an executable, Windows 10 throws the below error, even if I do have a program associated with the file type. [img]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to associate .MSSettings

2. ms-settings this file does not have a program

3. i tried opening display settings by right clicking on the desktop and got an error message which says: ms-settings: display this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program