Windows 10: How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates...

Discus and support How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; While Windows AI kept me from posting this to their forum, I just wanted to say "thanks" the Microsoft update team... for the involuntarily installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Andrew Hoy, Aug 3, 2020.

1. How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates...

While Windows AI kept me from posting this to their forum, I just wanted to say "thanks" the Microsoft update team... for the involuntarily installed June 2020 Windows 10 update.

If you think that my "thanks" is rooted in sarcasm (as the update was shoved down my throat), that's only partly true. And if you think that I'm just here to rant about their Russian-roulette suicide-style updates another time, think again. Think long and hard. I'm not here to complain, I'm here to brag about my new relationship with Microsoft and Windows. How so?

Recently, the June 2020 Windows 10 update caused not only a loss of the ability to print on at least two of my network printers, and it's also caused BSOD and diagnostic hassles since. I don't feel I need to go far out of my way to substantiate this claim, as others have done it for me. Windows 10 printing breaks due to Microsoft June 2020 updates As of August, the auto-updates didn't seem to repair anything (and they couldn't be uninstalled), so the solution to my problem became obvious. 1903 is the version I'm now running.

So that you are aware, I wrote to the MS forum several times before (many months back) complaining about Microsoft's forced updates and made a case against such policy. But they wouldn't listen to me as a customer. They seemed intent on dismissing my views and delegitimizing my inconvenience in spite of Microsoft update team technical problems. It's fitting that Microsoft no longer considers "Windows 10" to be an operating system, but rather a "service" that Microsoft as a provider is entitled to regulate from afar. Microsoft is, of course, entitled to its opinions, and can run its business apart from customer preferences as it sees fit.

That being said, I'm writing this email not in rage, but rather in CELEBRATION, letting the world know that they have finally done it... they pushed me over the edge. Congratulations, Microsoft. As a loyal MS user since the days MS-DOS v5, this June 2020 update was the straw that finally broke the came's back. I will finally be installing Linux on all of my machines. And I will become a Linux evangelist, no longer held hostage by COVIDIOTS propping up Bill Gates' influence and vax propaganda. There may be a learning curve and it will take me time to set up and figure out the new OS, but I will be able to sleep peacefully at night that I'll never be victim to their inconsiderate and abusive update policies again. Ever. Join me in switching to Linux and in liberating yourself from such a manipulative platform run by such a morally maligned company.

:)

Andrew Hoy, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Xzibit Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Octopuss Win User

They made it part of the WU client then, or it's two different things doing the same. Too bad you can't download it separately.

Octopuss, Aug 3, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates...

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates...

1. How to fix MS Windows 10 mandatory June 2020 updates... - Similar Threads - fix mandatory June

2. MFS 2020 Mandatory Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MFS 2020 Mandatory Update: I have downloaded latest FS2020 mandatory update but it will not install. At the install screen I hit Update and it brings up an adobo airport kord for download and then hangs up. Nothing else happens. Have re-installed FS2020 twice from MS store and have same problem. Can I...
  3. Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS

Windows 10 update June 2020 PROBLEMS: Hello, PLEASE HELP!!! I was working away on my computer and got notified I needed to reboot for an update. I did so, but once it finished, my monitor display isn't right. It is all stretched out and huge font, and I can't find an adjustment to get it back. AS WELL, my...
  4. June 2020 update

June 2020 update: I run Opera browser and I did my weekly update. I notice after doing the update today that when I open my browser it stays open for about 2 minutes and then closes itself. Im wondering if with the Microsoft edge if this is doing it because windows wants me to use their...
  5. June 2020 update to Sudoku

in Windows 10 Gaming
    June 2020 update to Sudoku: Is there any way to remove just the update to Microsoft Sudoku June 2020? I loved the game prior to the update, I'm no longer interested due to the new version. Thank you....
  6. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: My printer Brother MFC J220 stopped functioning after the June Windows Update. I thought it was because it was an older model as I have had it for several years. I tried uninstalling it, but the printer icon was no longer there all that was there was a small square. I tried...
  7. FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020

FIXED printer stopped working after update 10/June 2020: Rolled back update and now printer works perfectly. How will we know when the patch to fix this problem is released and that it is safe to update?...
  8. Windows 10 Update June 10 2020

Windows 10 Update June 10 2020: Hi Up until recently my installation of Windows 10 seemed to be working well and has been stable for several months. I updated a few days ago but did not accept the additional update to version 2004. I have an irritating issue that I'd like a little assistance with. The...
  9. Windows Update June 2020

Windows Update June 2020: Hi! I just noticed a few system issues with my laptop after the June 2020 update. First, after turning on the computer and loading the browser, a lot of "+++" symbols appear on the search bar. This does not apply to the browser alone but to any empty search bar e.g. start...
  10. Windows Update June 10, 2020 - No Desktop

Windows Update June 10, 2020 - No Desktop: I was prompted to install an update via the notification icon. I selected update and restart. The update occurred, I was presented with the welcome screen with the Bing Photo, and logged onto my computer. I got a black screen with a functioning mouse. The keyboard was...