Windows 10: How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

Discus and support How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a DELL monitor that I have been connecting to my laptop using an HDMI to UBC cord, it has been working fine for the past few weeks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SG1345, Jun 10, 2024.

1. SG1345 Win User

How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

Hi, I recently got a DELL monitor that I have been connecting to my laptop using an HDMI to UBC cord, it has been working fine for the past few weeks. This week I started an internship which needed me to restart my laptop almost everyday bootcamp windows to Mac. I don't know if restarting the laptop is related, however, when I plug in my laptop to my monitor now, the screen goes completely black and I only get feedback on my monitor. I've tried checking display in settings but there isn't any option to fix this kind of thing.

:)

SG1345, Jun 10, 2024

2. Monitor won't connect to laptop

Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Make sure your device is up to date. Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , then select Check for updates1.
    2. Connect the monitor to another computer to see whether the problem is with the external display2.
    3. Connect another known working monitor to determine that the issue is not the graphics card2.
    4. Confirm the signal cable connection between the computer and monitor. Locate the display controls and switch to the correct input port3.
    I hope this helps!

NathanYung0408, Jun 10, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Jun 10, 2024
  4. How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

Connect laptop to monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft forum.

Regarding your query on how to connect your laptop to your monitor, we suggest to contact your manufacturer. Maybe one of the issue is your display adapter because you cannot connect to your monitor.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 10, 2024
Thema:

How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

1. How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor. - Similar Threads - fix laptop display

2. How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.: Hi, I recently got a DELL monitor that I have been connecting to my laptop using an HDMI to UBC cord, it has been working fine for the past few weeks. This week I started an internship which needed me to restart my laptop almost everyday bootcamp windows to Mac. I don't know...
  3. How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix my laptop display when connected to my monitor.: Hi, I recently got a DELL monitor that I have been connecting to my laptop using an HDMI to UBC cord, it has been working fine for the past few weeks. This week I started an internship which needed me to restart my laptop almost everyday bootcamp windows to Mac. I don't know...
  4. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to I fix my monitor display issue?: I have been having troubles with my monitors recently. I have 2 monitors and when I power on my PC they don't show anything at all. However if I turn off the PC and unplug them and plug in just one, then power it back on it sometimes works. Then as soon as I turn it off...
  5. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I fix my monitor display issue?: I have been having troubles with my monitors recently. I have 2 monitors and when I power on my PC they don't show anything at all. However if I turn off the PC and unplug them and plug in just one, then power it back on it sometimes works. Then as soon as I turn it off...
  6. How to I fix my monitor display issue?

7. How can I fix my monitor Display?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I fix my monitor Display?: My screen display is larger than my monitor... it happened when I'm working and my PC starts to update itself. my recommended display is bigger than my monitor... how can i fix this?...
  8. How can I fix my monitor Display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix my monitor Display?: My screen display is larger than my monitor... it happened when I'm working and my PC starts to update itself. my recommended display is bigger than my monitor... how can i fix this?...
  9. How can I fix my monitor Display?

10. When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I connect my laptop to my monitor, only my monitor is displayed: Hi! When I connect my personal laptop to my monitor, only the monitor will display the screen. I don't know what could be causing this as everything worked just fine a week ago. I have had my work laptop connected to the monitor for a couple months though. Is there...