Windows 10: How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver?

Discus and support How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am currently writing this with the visual keyboard. My Asus GL702VT laptop goes wild when I press the E key, making the screen black out, toggling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by keyboardnotwork, Jul 13, 2021.

1. How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver?

I am currently writing this with the visual keyboard. My Asus GL702VT laptop goes wild when I press the E key, making the screen black out, toggling airplane mode and typing a repeating string of random characters. I first thougt this was a driver issue so I tried to reinstall the keyboard drivers but after deleting them, pressing the E key still does the same thing even though the rest of the keyboard does not work. Furthermore, my computer only wants to install the asus numpad driver which isn't the right driver for my keyboard. Neither asus update nor the windows troubleshooter find anything wrong even though windows is able to tell me asus numpad isn't the correct driver. I am rendered keyboardless and even if I could reinstall the drivers I would not be able to type "E". Note : none of this happens on a plugged in keyboard but my lap hasn't enough room for a giant laptop AND an external keyboard, plus i would have to go and get one. please help.

:)

keyboardnotwork, Jul 13, 2021

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi Ananth,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 13, 2021
  3. When i press a key, and press the second key while holding down the first key, the second key doesnt work, it happens only in w,e ,;,' and up and left arrow keys

Hi,

Yes reinstalling will resolve the issue, I suggest you follow the below to uninstall the keyboard and reinstall it.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Keyboard

Step 3:

Right-click on listed devices one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed devices under Keyboards

Step 7:

Restart PC and Windows will automatically install the drivers for keyboard

Step 8:

Verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 13, 2021
  4. How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver?

Problem with mouse and keyboard on Windows 10 - they go crazy

Yes, I updated mouse driver.
    I don't know which driver is, but here is list from Device Manager.

How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver? 3A0FP0k.png

I reinstalled mouse and keyboard drivers but nothing.
    I can't use computer normally because when keyboard stop working and mouse go wild, I need to restart computer.

InterpoL99, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver?

1. How to fix my laptop going wild when i press E & my keyboard driver? - Similar Threads - fix laptop going

2. When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When i press a key on my laptop keyboard it just stays pressed while gaming and it’s making...: I need help i’ve tried uninstalling the game but the keyboard delay is still there. I use my laptops keyboard but i plugged in one but it still does the same thing....
  3. How can i fix my laptop Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix my laptop Keyboard?: My Laptops keyboard stopped working. I cannot type, use fn keys or my keypad. The only key that works is the one to toggle the keyboard backlight. I dont know how to fix this and the problem just started today the rest of my laptop works the same. This issue started after a...
  4. How can i fix my laptop Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i fix my laptop Keyboard?: My Laptops keyboard stopped working. I cannot type, use fn keys or my keypad. The only key that works is the one to toggle the keyboard backlight. I dont know how to fix this and the problem just started today the rest of my laptop works the same. This issue started after a...
  5. How can i fix my laptop Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How to fix my Asus Laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my Asus Laptop keyboard?: My asus laptop keyboard is not working properly. Both my number 8 key the other is on my number pad is not working. The Number lock key sometimes turns on the caps lock key . The 9 key , if the Number lock is off, will produce the Letter E or , if it’s on, will produce 9E....
  7. How to fix my Asus Laptop keyboard?

How to fix my Asus Laptop keyboard?: My asus laptop keyboard is not working properly. Both my number 8 key the other is on my number pad is not working. The Number lock key sometimes turns on the caps lock key . The 9 key , if the Number lock is off, will produce the Letter E or , if it’s on, will produce 9E....
  8. Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...: so i've been having a problem recently and it's that when i have number lock activated so i can use the numbers in my number pad and i press 0, the computer starts putting random spaces and it starts opening the search bar sometimes when i'm in my desktop. i'm sure i have not...
  9. Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...

Why does my number pad in my laptop keyboard press random spaces and press enter when i...: so i've been having a problem recently and it's that when i have number lock activated so i can use the numbers in my number pad and i press 0, the computer starts putting random spaces and it starts opening the search bar sometimes when i'm in my desktop. i'm sure i have not...
  10. My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keyboard is typing \.ad3 when I press l: Hi, I am losing the will and hope someone can help me. I know a similar question has been asked a gazillion times and I have followed the various advice provided I am still getting issues with certain letters, mainly the l, o and 9. l = \.ad3fs and \.ad3fsk o = 0qe...