Windows 10: how to fix my surface pro 4 heating up and causing screen flicker

Discus and support how to fix my surface pro 4 heating up and causing screen flicker in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How can i stop my screen flicker after the pro4 gets hot . I can only use my surface for about an hour or so and then have to switch it off to cool... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by artgco, Jan 3, 2019.

1. artgco Win User

how to fix my surface pro 4 heating up and causing screen flicker

How can i stop my screen flicker after the pro4 gets hot . I can only use my surface for about an hour or so and then have to switch it off to cool down. What is the fix.

:)

artgco, Jan 3, 2019

2. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue?

JessicaDavidson1, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 - Half of my screen Flickers / Shakes

Maybe caused by hardware

It looks like a that your gpu (intel hd graphics) is going to conk out! If this is the case, then its a hardware problem and the microsoft support or any other technical workshop would be the last hope for your surface.

I had the a similar problem with my notebook. It was a hardware issue and the only thing that I could do was it to send to the manufacturer support. He told me the same as I told above, and it was true.

Or is it just a bug?

Below are maybe some interesting article:

After a small google search folling possibilities to troubleshoot this issue:

• One article above say that this issue is caused by when the Hyper-V role got installed. They say a deinstallation of Hyper-V from your Surface shoud fix this problem.
    • In other article I read that this issue is caused after a bad update of the intel hd graphics drives. Get the old driver version back or what until microsfot fix this bug!

Stackcraft_noob, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...screen-flicker

Brink, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. how to fix my surface pro 4 heating up and causing screen flicker - Similar Threads - fix surface pro

2. Surface Pro 4 screen flickering and blurry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 screen flickering and blurry: Today my surface screen started flickering and shaking it and down, and was double vision. I tried updating windows, display adapter and restarting but it didnt fix it....
  3. Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface PRO 4 Screen Flicker: Hello ISSUE # 1 I need some help regarding the screen flickering issue on Surface Pro 4. Since last week it's been happend that after using Skype Vedio call for 3-4 hrs on my Surface, the screen started to get shaky/flicker. When the call ended the screen stop to flickker...
  4. Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flicker on Surface Pro 5: So out of the blue the screen started to flicker on my Surface. I know this is a known issue for the 4 but not for the 5. I love using my surface so I've been trying everything to try and fix it. But i've run out of ideas. Here is what i've done: - talked to the windows...
  5. Surface Pro 4 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 update causing problems: My Surface Pro 4 updated last week and has been acting weird ever since. The vertical scroll bar suddenly jumps to the bottom, when I'm typing there's quite a lag between what I type and what appears on the screen; when I log into the device I have to tap the pin window twice...
  6. Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi, My surface pro 4 screen seems to flicker very badly when the surface is heated. Is there a way to resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/surface-pro-4-screen-flicker/ae06ccda-4e7d-4249-9554-09ada6f80c7f
  7. Surface pro 4 screen

Surface pro 4 screen: Hi, My sp4 had this flickering issue for a while, and I found out that there is a chance for replacement if it is within 3 years from the purchase, so I wonder where can I check the purchase date (I lost the receipt). Also, there is no way to fix this? Some people says it...
  8. Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will replace Surface Pro 4 devices with screen flicker issue: Surface Pro 4 screen flicker Applies to: Surface Pro 4 Creating the best products and experiences for our customers is our top priority. We have heard your feedback and after careful examination, have determined that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices are...
  9. Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 screen flicker: Hi There, I currently have a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 connected to one of these docks: [img] When connected to a dual screen setup the screen flickers bad and it is very annoying to work with. Once I unplug the dock and plug one monitor straight into the surface...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4 Battery Drain during Sleep / Heating: I wasn't able to specifically find this item on this forum, but post-build 1511 the Surface Pro 4 has excessive battery drain during sleep (like ~10 percent per hour even with WiFi turned off during sleep). The device also is running "hot" under normal circumstances unlike...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 screen flickering

2. surface pro 4 heating

3. surface pro 4 screen flickering fix

4. surface pro 4 my screen shakes when it heats up,
  5. surface pro 4 screen flicker repair,
  6. flickering surface pro 4,
  7. how to trigger surface 4 screen flcker,
  8. my screen is flickering very badly in suface proi4,
  9. surface pro screen flickers when hot,
  10. surface pro 4 heating issues solution],
  11. surface pro 4 free replacement even after 3 years flicker,