Windows 10: how to fix my touchpad

Discus and support how to fix my touchpad in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i am suffering touchpad problems. one day my touchpad began to have "ghost fingers". these would either move around wildly or jump arround erraticaly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ghasttastic, Nov 22, 2021.

1. how to fix my touchpad

i am suffering touchpad problems. one day my touchpad began to have "ghost fingers". these would either move around wildly or jump arround erraticaly. sometimes they would follow my fingers. a new ghost finger would appear after a while. i hate them. i have an hp laptop running windows 11 with an elan presicion touchpad. assume all options have not worked. if there are no new answers i will assume i have to get it replaced which is probably the only option.

:)

ghasttastic, Nov 22, 2021

2. No more touchpad for my laptop since upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Derek,

I would suggest the following steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click on Device Manager
    • Right click on TouchPad drivers in the list.
    • Choose Upgrade Drivers
    • Reboot computer

Check if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Nov 22, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 22, 2021
  4. how to fix my touchpad

TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

how to fix my touchpad

1. how to fix my touchpad - Similar Threads - fix touchpad

2. How do I fix my touchpad driver for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my touchpad driver for Windows 11: I have an Acer Nitro AN515-58 and the touchpad isn't working. I've tried restarting and that didn't help. I went inside the device manager and tried to update the drivers but that didn't do anything. I tried uninstalling my elan precision touchpad filter driver and restarting...
  3. How do I fix my touchpad driver for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my touchpad driver for Windows 11: I have an Acer Nitro AN515-58 and the touchpad isn't working. I've tried restarting and that didn't help. I went inside the device manager and tried to update the drivers but that didn't do anything. I tried uninstalling my elan precision touchpad filter driver and restarting...
  4. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  5. Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?

Why does my touchpad pointer keep freezing and how to fix?: My touchpad pointer keeps freezing, it only unfreezea once I close and open my laptop. My touchpad has been super slow recently as well, what do it do?? Its windows 11....
  6. My touchpad is stuck, how can I fix it without taking the back off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad is stuck, how can I fix it without taking the back off?: My touchpad is stuck, and I took the 4 screws out on the back, but it didn’t do anything. The touchpad seems to be stuck under the cover on the side farthest from the screen and keyboard, and stuck pressed in on the side closest to the screen and keyboard. Would I have to...
  7. My touchpad is stuck, how can I fix it without taking the back off?

My touchpad is stuck, how can I fix it without taking the back off?: My touchpad is stuck, and I took the 4 screws out on the back, but it didn’t do anything. The touchpad seems to be stuck under the cover on the side farthest from the screen and keyboard, and stuck pressed in on the side closest to the screen and keyboard. Would I have to...
  8. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  9. How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing

How to fix touchpad/pointer freezing: I have an HP laptop windows 11, and my touchpad/pointer keeps freezing, I am sure it's my touchpad because I can leave my pointer over a clickable button and when I click it will not respond, I have reseted my laptop, and manually changed the driver for my pointer and...
  10. Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Lenovo laptop Touchpad not working [Fix]: [IMG]This article lists some fixes you can use if your Lenovo laptop touchpad is not working. Usually, this issue occurs due to corrupted touchpad drivers or a disabled touchpad. We suggest you restart your laptop and see if it helps. Sometimes, problems occur due to a minor...