Windows 10: How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize?

Discus and support How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.379 Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter HP Stream Laptop – 11-ah012dx Product number: 5LN67UA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muirén, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Muirén Win User

How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize?

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Version 1809, Build 17763.379
    Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter
    HP Stream Laptop – 11-ah012dx
    Product number: 5LN67UA

The system repeatedly loses connectivity and reports it no longer has an installed network driver. In Device Manager, the network driver is displayed as installed with the yellow indicator for an error. To restore temporary network functionality I have to Disable then Enable after which running Trouble Shooter will sometimes fix the problem.

More often than not the system requires a Shut Down after which it behaves normally for a short period and when that isn’t enough and I have to use the Reset network driver function from within Windows Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network Reset

That unfortunately also results in having to input any remembered network passwords.

The problem has increased in frequency after the last Windows Update a week ago with repeated BSOD indicating page errors and identifying rtwlane.sys as the culprit.

These BSOD may happen once with functionality immediately restored but with increasing frequency several BSOD will happen at once, fail to repair, resulting in the more extended Windows Automatic Repair that so far works by restoring my system to a previous version state, though requiring some apps need to be reinstalled.

I am looking for a hopefully more recent Realtek driver update that fixes this problem.

:)

Muirén, Apr 2, 2019

2. Fix/re-install Network Drivers Help?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Have you tried installing the drivers in compatibility mode? If not, download and install the network drivers in compatibility mode and check if it resolves the issue.

Perform the following troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the setup files and select
      properties.

• Click on compatibility tab and uncheck the box
      Run this program in compatibility for:

• Click on Apply and Ok.
    Check if it helps.

You can also run Network troubleshooter and check if it helps.

To run the Network troubleshooter

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.

• Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 2, 2019
  3. After Windows 10 update, network driver missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

It appears that the drivers might be incompatible with Windows 10.

Let us follow the below steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run Network Adapter troubleshooter.

Network Adapter troubleshooter finds and fixes problems with wireless and other Network Adapters.

• Press Windows key + X key and Select
      Control Panel

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View All on the top left corner.

• Run Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Install the driver in compatibility mode

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      previous the version of Windows (Windows 8) from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 2, 2019
  4. How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize?

Windows 10 - Constantly overwriting network drivers, booting me offline

I've been having an issue with Win10 ever since I upgraded where it seems to constantly update my network drivers with poor ones that don't work, ultimately booting me offline. I've disabled auto-upgrade but still, every time I reboot the PC my network
    drivers somehow get corrupted or just don't work, even though I had previously installed the most recent ones and been online with a wired connection before the reboot. Each time this happens, I can just re-install the drivers and resolve the issue, however
    it is very frustrating.

Additionally, I had opened a thread about this earlier, but the support representative pretty much ignored me after the first "that didn't resolve my issue". Very frustrating.

Original support thread

Please please please do not tell me to run these steps.

===================================

Step 1: Reset TCP/IP

One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted.

Follow the steps below to reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)

• Reboot the computer and check.
    Step 2: Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• Press Windows Key + X together and select Command Prompt (admin).

• At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps given in the article below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Also, refer to the link for reference:

Wired and wireless network problems (Applies
    to Windows 10)

========================================================

They only resolve the problem temporarily until I restart the PC. After this point, I am again unable to connect using an Ethernet cable. However, re-installing the network drivers will again allow the PC to see the wired connection,
    until a reboot where I again must troubleshoot it.

TylerLovemark, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize?

1. How to: Fix Network Driver Constantly Fails To initialize? - Similar Threads - Fix Network Driver

2. How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??: I had my pc for a year now and have been upgrading it a little by and decided to get new ram and once I put it I get the error I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED. After that I turn off pc and put old ram in and get the same thing. Now I don’t know how to fix this?? My pc is 5800x3d,...
  3. How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED??: I had my pc for a year now and have been upgrading it a little by and decided to get new ram and once I put it I get the error I01 INITIALIZATION FAILED. After that I turn off pc and put old ram in and get the same thing. Now I don’t know how to fix this?? My pc is 5800x3d,...
  4. How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?: How do I fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed on a Windows 10 Pro laptop that connects with other personal Windows devices through a personal workgroup not using Windows Server on any devices? The devices in use are Windows with OS accounts with the same...
  5. How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?: How do I fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed on a Windows 10 Pro laptop that connects with other personal Windows devices through a personal workgroup not using Windows Server on any devices? The devices in use are Windows with OS accounts with the same...
  6. How to fix SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization failed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Fix Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver load error (1450) on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Failed to initialize BattlEye Service: Driver load error (1450) on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you encounter the error message Failed to initialize BattlEye Service, Driver load error (1450) when you load a game on your Windows 10 PC, then this post is intended to help you. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions you can try to successfully...
  8. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  9. Audio drivers constantly failing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio drivers constantly failing: Within the past few days I have turned on my computer to find that the audio is not working. at first I allowed the assistant to reinstall the drivers and that worked, but then it cut out again, tried the assistant again and it worked for a day. then I got no audio yet again,...
  10. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac