Windows 10: How To Fix No BCD File?

Discus and support How To Fix No BCD File? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched the forum and there's lots of hits. But very tedious going through them looking for the one that fits. If someone know which thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jun 1, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Fix No BCD File?

I have searched the forum and there's lots of hits. But very tedious going through them looking for the one that fits.

If someone know which thread answers my problem then perhaps they could give me a link to it.

This Win10 computer won't boot since a power outage last night and reports a BCD error.

I've used Kyhi to boot and run a cmd prompt.

Bootrec /rebuildbcd does nothing. It reports no bdc found it won't create one and when I do a dir of c:\boot I find no bcd file.

I googled a lot and found a comment in one thread that said after win10 14093 bootrec does not work.

If that's true that would invalidate heaps of the 'fix it' pages on the web.

So what is the fix now?

:)

abrogard, Jun 1, 2019

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 1, 2019
  4. WayneFulp Win User

How To Fix No BCD File?

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery).
    Our IT department looked up this issue and decided to rebuild my BCD file and was (we thought) successful implementing this solution. My pc then booted from the previous NVME SSD drive. I had migrated my OS from the 256GB SSD to a new 500gb SSD, both NVME.
    No troubles for a year booting from the 500gb disk and now it boots from the old 256gb drive which I did not wipe on purpose. I boot into the UEFI ASUS bios on the pc and the boot order configuration only lists one option for position 1 to 4. Before each position
    listed each bootable device. First of all why in the world would a Windows update and BCD file rebuild screw with the BIOS and second how do I get the proper C: drive boot with to way to change the boot order in the BIOS?

WayneFulp, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

How To Fix No BCD File?

1. How To Fix No BCD File? - Similar Threads - Fix BCD File

2. Cannot rebuild BCD files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot rebuild BCD files.: I restarted my PC after messing with ASUS files on my computer, ASUS is mb manufacturer and I'm getting a blue screen with the error code 0xc0000225. I've searched the internet for fixes and none of them have worked yet. The most promising solution, repairing my BCD files,...
  3. Black screen after BCD fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after BCD fix: So I had a previous problem where my pc keeps on boot looping after the bios logo. I followed a guide on how to do it on EFI through CMD using a media creation tool. Basically just the bootrec process. After that, the new problem now is my pc goes on a black screen after the...
  4. Black screen after BCD fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after BCD fix: So I had a previous problem where my pc keeps on boot looping after the bios logo. I followed a guide on how to do it on EFI through CMD using a media creation tool. Basically just the bootrec process. After that, the new problem now is my pc goes on a black screen after the...
  5. Black screen after BCD fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Configuring a new BCD file

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring a new BCD file: Hi There, How's it going? Due to some corruption I have to create a new BCD file, that is along with installing a new boot folder on the windows-boot partition. (My set up uses MBR). I know how to enter a lot of the BCD entries but not all of them. So I know this for the...
  7. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  8. How to fix BCD for Dual Boot System

How to fix BCD for Dual Boot System: My bootloader is corrupted (I think the last Insider upgrade did it). I have the correct two Win 10 installations listed (my Win 10 production system and the Win 10 Insider) but there are others listed, such as "UEFI IP4" and both of my DVD drives (see screenshot). I would...
  9. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?: I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot...
  10. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS: Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department...