Windows 10: How To Fix No BCD File?

Discus and support How To Fix No BCD File? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have searched the forum and there's lots of hits. But very tedious going through them looking for the one that fits. If someone know which thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jun 1, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

How To Fix No BCD File?

I have searched the forum and there's lots of hits. But very tedious going through them looking for the one that fits.

If someone know which thread answers my problem then perhaps they could give me a link to it.

This Win10 computer won't boot since a power outage last night and reports a BCD error.

I've used Kyhi to boot and run a cmd prompt.

Bootrec /rebuildbcd does nothing. It reports no bdc found it won't create one and when I do a dir of c:\boot I find no bcd file.

I googled a lot and found a comment in one thread that said after win10 14093 bootrec does not work.

If that's true that would invalidate heaps of the 'fix it' pages on the web.

So what is the fix now?

:)

abrogard, Jun 1, 2019

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jun 1, 2019
  4. WayneFulp Win User

How To Fix No BCD File?

BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery).
    Our IT department looked up this issue and decided to rebuild my BCD file and was (we thought) successful implementing this solution. My pc then booted from the previous NVME SSD drive. I had migrated my OS from the 256GB SSD to a new 500gb SSD, both NVME.
    No troubles for a year booting from the 500gb disk and now it boots from the old 256gb drive which I did not wipe on purpose. I boot into the UEFI ASUS bios on the pc and the boot order configuration only lists one option for position 1 to 4. Before each position
    listed each bootable device. First of all why in the world would a Windows update and BCD file rebuild screw with the BIOS and second how do I get the proper C: drive boot with to way to change the boot order in the BIOS?

WayneFulp, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

How To Fix No BCD File?

1. How To Fix No BCD File? - Similar Threads - Fix BCD File

2. boot BCD 0xc0000034

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    boot BCD 0xc0000034: ช่วยทีครับคอมขึ้น boot BCD 0xc0000034 แล้วพอเปิดไว้สักพักเครื่องรีสต๊าทตลอดเลย แล้วก็ปิดเครื่องไม่ได้ ปิดปุ๊ปก็เปิดใหม่ตลอดต้องถอดปลั๊กอย่างเดียว https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-bcd-0xc0000034/f8ad963c-967b-4462-b369-f966c84c60b8
  3. How do you fix corrupt files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do you fix corrupt files?: I ran a Sfc scan in command prompt and it says 'Windows Resourse Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix them' how do i fix the files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-corrupt-files/72fe6d77-207b-458d-8aff-594a96697bd0
  4. file:\boot\bcd 0xc0000034 - Restore & Repair NOT Working

file:\boot\bcd 0xc0000034 - Restore & Repair NOT Working: Hi I have an old Dell Dimension 5150 and recently it had a blue screen and now wont boot Im getting the similar PC/Device Boot\BCD issue people have posted lots on here about but non of the repair or clean installs work for me I have a new Windows10 disk and configure...
  5. File:\Boot\BCD - Error code : 0xc00000e9 HATASI

File:\Boot\BCD - Error code : 0xc00000e9 HATASI: Bilgisayar Açılımı Uyarıyı Veriyor Format Atmadan Sorunun Bir Çözümü Varmı? Teşekkür Ederim. Bilgisayarınıza bağlı bir aygıtla ilgili bir sorun oluştu Beklenmeyen bir G / Ç hatası oluştu. Dosya: \ Boot \ BCD Hata kodu: 0xc00000e9 Bu sorun çıkarılabilir bir depolama...
  6. BCD File Rebuild and BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD File Rebuild and BIOS: Our IT department updated my pc to 1803 not realizing that I have an X299 motherboard and a Samsung NVME SSD boot drive. I came in the next day to get the BCD File error BSOD with error code 0xc000098 (a known bug but not fixed a year after discovery). Our IT department...
  7. some files say "not secure" How to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some files say "not secure" How to fix?: some files say "not secure" How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/some-files-say-not-secure-how-to-fix/afec95b6-c916-4611-837c-a9e7daec9f33
  8. how to fix file system error (-2147219196)

in Windows 10 Support
    how to fix file system error (-2147219196): This error and Chrome browser "hiding itself upon opening" started soon after I installed 32 bit JAVA in order to make Open Office Grammar Checker extension function. I tried the easy fix methods where you simply click enable or disable some easy to access setting... no joy....
  9. Booting Windows 10 with broken BCD file

in Windows 10 Support
    Booting Windows 10 with broken BCD file: Tried booting into windows, bcd file is broken and/or missing, I have tried to fix it but the file path was invalid/ write protected. Even with it disabled, tried making a new boot bcd, still unable to with the same issue, not sure what else to do. Please help! 100733
  10. How To Fix Corrupted Svchost.exe File?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Fix Corrupted Svchost.exe File?: How to fix a corrupted Svchost.exe File? I think it may be flawed.. the host text file reads as clean 77857