Windows 10: How to fix no mic signal?

Discus and support How to fix no mic signal? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First, I must say that the extensive writing on Realtek sound drivers is amazing and confusing. That is why I am sure someone must have an idea of how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oppyusa, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Oppyusa Win User

How to fix no mic signal?

First, I must say that the extensive writing on Realtek sound drivers is amazing and confusing. That is why I am sure someone must have an idea of how to fix my little issue or at least point me in the right direction.

I just got my son a very basic laptop from Gateway/Evoo/Acer (long story) GWTN-141-4 (Windows 10). It has a Realtek chip. When a TRRS plug is placed in the analog port it sees the mic but gets no signal. I did notice on system install the driver was updated but there is no rollback option. Headset output is great.

I have tried to uninstall the driver and it reinstalls itself (no drivers are shown on the manufacturer's site). I have increased mic boost and increased mic volume. Tried three different headsets (all confirmed to be working). Still no luck. I asked support for assistance and they said to try other headsets (wow, I would never have thought of that). An old Acer of mine had the same issue and when I rolled back the driver everything worked. That is why I think it is a driver issue. How do I check if it is a driver vs hardware issue (bad analog port)?

So what do I to diagnose the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Here is some driver info
    Name Realtek High Definition Audio

Manufacturer Realtek

Status OK

PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1C6C1234&REV_1002\4&242B2E65&0&0001

Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\RTKVHD64.SYS (6.0.9003.1, 5.83 MB (6,111,344 bytes), 12/10/2020 6:53 PM)

Windows 10 20H2 Build 99042.685 experience 120.2212.551.0

Sysinfo says it is GWTN-141-4 but the settings screen says it is a GWTN156-3. This I know to be wrong as the 156 is 15.6" So the system is confused to start with.

:)

Oppyusa, Dec 23, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Dec 23, 2020
  3. wi-fi signal is weak

Hey Jonian,

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect network settings.
    • Network adapter is not working properly.
    I suggest you to try the steps listed here and check if it fixes the issue or else contact your ISP for weak signal.

Method 1: I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps to fix network connection issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article which will help to fix common issues with network connection. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Dec 23, 2020
  4. How to fix no mic signal?

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

How to fix no mic signal?

1. How to fix no mic signal? - Similar Threads - fix mic signal

2. how to fix monitor no signal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix monitor no signal?: recently my monitor has been black screening saying no signal. my pc remains on and monitor is also on. keyboard remains lit and so does my mouse. i have tried unplugging and plugging back the display port cable but doesnt seem to work and im still getting no display....
  3. how to fix monitor no signal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix monitor no signal?: recently my monitor has been black screening saying no signal. my pc remains on and monitor is also on. keyboard remains lit and so does my mouse. i have tried unplugging and plugging back the display port cable but doesnt seem to work and im still getting no display....
  4. How to fix the mic

How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  5. How to fix the mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the mic: Hi there. My audio stopped picking up my voice randomly in the Xbox app. The only way I can fix this is by opening the game bar, but the game bar has to be open for any audio to come through. When I click out of the game bar, everything cuts out. How do I fix this?...
  6. How to disable laptop mic but not disrupt external audio signals?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable laptop mic but not disrupt external audio signals?: I'm getting back into recording music on my Dell Inspiron M531R laptop for the first time in a few years and noticing an issue with the laptop mic staying on that I don't remember encountering before. I'm sending microphone and guitar audio through a Presonus Audiobox USB and...
  7. How to disable laptop mic but not disrupt external audio signals?

How to disable laptop mic but not disrupt external audio signals?: I'm getting back into recording music on my Dell Inspiron M531R laptop for the first time in a few years and noticing an issue with the laptop mic staying on that I don't remember encountering before. I'm sending microphone and guitar audio through a Presonus Audiobox USB and...
  8. How to disable laptop mic but not disrupt external audio signals?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. No mic input signal at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mic input signal at all: Been using my PC for a year and everything has worked just fine until now.There is absolutely no mic signal. Using an USB headset I get no signal, and using the microphone jack all I can hear is terrible static buzz all the time, still no real mic signal. This problem came...
  10. No mic input signal at all

No mic input signal at all: Been using my PC for a year and everything has worked just fine until now.There is absolutely no mic signal. Using an USB headset I get no signal, and using the microphone jack all I can hear is terrible static buzz all the time, still no real mic signal. This problem came...