Windows 10: How to fix not responding issues with Excel 365 on windows 10

Discus and support How to fix not responding issues with Excel 365 on windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi Can anyone help on a annoying issue with excel regularly hangs (freezing) program not responding when working on an excel document. This happens on... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by rodoet, Oct 19, 2018.

1. rodoet Win User

How to fix not responding issues with Excel 365 on windows 10

Hi
    Can anyone help on a annoying issue with excel regularly hangs (freezing) program not responding when working on an excel document. This happens on any excel document.

Slow on opening the document.
    Scrolling around with the mouse.
    Typing and switching to another cell
    All above turns to the excel program not responding.
    Takes up to 20 sec to get back to normal operation.

If you unplug the network connection there is no problems with excel hanging.

This is on a new computer with a fresh office 365 install.

Very annoying.

:)

rodoet, Oct 19, 2018
  2. gvlral Win User

Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success.

I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an error window.

"Errors were detected while saving 'Path and file name'.xlsx. Microsoft Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in a new file, click Continue, To cancel saving the file, click Cancel."

After selecting Continue, thinking the file got corrupted, the reply was file not saved.

I tried this Office 365 on a 32 bit system that was upgraded from the Windows 10 preview version without issue. Anyone with suggestions please post as I don't want to install Office 365 at this time.

gvlral, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows explorer issues with preview pane and excel

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on how to troubleshoot crashing issues with Excel on this
    article.

Kindly update us on the result.

Marby Rey, Oct 19, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Excel 2007 Calculation Issue Fix Available

Two weeks ago, an issue involving the calculation of numbers around 65,535 and 65,536 has been found in Microsoft Excel 2007. If you try to calculate "=850*77.1" in Excel 2007, it will display an incorrect value, but if you then multiply the result by 2, you will get the correct answer. As of today, fixes for this issue in Excel 2007 and Excel Services 2007 are available for download here. Microsoft is in the process of adding this fix to Microsoft Update so that it will get automatically pushed to users running Excel 2007 or Excel Services 2007. Additionally, the fix will also be contained in the first service pack of Office 2007 when it is released. The release date has not yet been finalized.

Source: MSDN blog

malware, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to fix not responding issues with Excel 365 on windows 10 - Similar Threads - fix responding issues

2. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix the not responding: Yesterday I played Minecraft. It was appeared Not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-not-responding/92069243-21a2-4a48-85ec-17495e57284b
  3. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the not responding: Yesterday I played Minecraft. It was appeared Not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-not-responding/92069243-21a2-4a48-85ec-17495e57284b
  4. How to fix the not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues: I’m having issues with MS office 365 excel following a Windows 11 upgrade. The program is very latent, meaning one character is typed and I have to wait 30seconds for it to respond. Excel is the only program I am having issues with. I have taken the following actions:-Repair...
  6. Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 / MS office 365 excel issues: I’m having issues with MS office 365 excel following a Windows 11 upgrade. The program is very latent, meaning one character is typed and I have to wait 30seconds for it to respond. Excel is the only program I am having issues with. I have taken the following actions:-Repair...
  7. Windows 10 - Office 365- Excel saving issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Office 365- Excel saving issue: I went to save the file "Service Schedule & Prod Results.xlsx" and the notification box came up to say "We can't save Hopky Part number List.xlsx because the file is read only." See screen shot below. Why did this select a different file from the file I was working with? The...
  8. Excel 365

Excel 365: I am trying to load excel programs. I get the error about a dialog box is open. then the program opens every excel file I have. confused https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-365/29e5e9ab-48ab-4325-842b-71b976a37946"
  9. Excel, Office 365

Excel, Office 365: Hello, I am having puting 11-20 into a cell. It converts it to date format, Nov-20, and when I change the format to General it converts it to 44136. Same thing happens when I use the Number format. Only seems to be for this data, i.e. 11-20. Any ideas? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue: I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success. I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel 365 not responding windows 10

2. excel 365 not responding fix

3. excel not responding windows 10

4. excel 365 hangs,
  5. how to repair excel 365,
  6. excel hangs issue 365,
  7. excel office365 freezed when trying to format,
  8. excel slow and not responding windows 10,
  9. office 365 Excel stops responding,
  10. excel 365 not responding,
  11. excel 1909 hangs,