Windows 10: How to fix Paint App

Discus and support How to fix Paint App in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiWindows 11I wanted to use the MS Paint app from Windows 10 on Windows 11 because I was used to working with it, so I copied MSPaint.exe from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AngeloDiBraccio, Oct 17, 2021.

1. How to fix Paint App

HiWindows 11I wanted to use the MS Paint app from Windows 10 on Windows 11 because I was used to working with it, so I copied MSPaint.exe from a Windows 10 computer to my Windows 11 computer > Windows > System 32.It did not work. Not only that but now the Windows 11, Paint App is broken. It won't even start up even after reinstalling it.Ultimately I would like to be able to use the Windows 10, MS Paint app on Windows 11 if there is a way to get it to work on Windows 11.If that is impossible I would like to at least fix the Windows 11, Paint App. Thank You

:)

AngeloDiBraccio, Oct 17, 2021

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Oct 17, 2021
  3. windows 10 fresh paint app cannot scroll down to view them

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Method 1: RunWindows Store Apps troubleshooter

I suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.

• Click on Control panel.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel search box.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

• Click on Windows Store Apps troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the app

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Fresh paint
    app. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the
      Fresh paint app and click
      Uninstall

• Open the Windows Store.

• Search for Fresh paint app and click on
      Install.

• Check if issue persists.
    Fresh Paint FAQ:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...aint-faq/552a7366-fbd2-4b19-a4b8-4021453a4835

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 17, 2021
  4. How to fix Paint App

Paint

Hi,

We understand that you want to change a specific file format to .jpg using Paint app. To perform that, just follow the simple steps:

• Open the image or the file to Paint app.
    • On Paint app, click File.
    • Select Save as and choose JPEG picture.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

How to fix Paint App

1. How to fix Paint App - Similar Threads - fix Paint App

2. How can i fix the paint App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix the paint App?: Paint is not opening. There is an error with a code 0x87E10BC6. How can I fix the paint App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-the-paint-app/3d99c680-b445-4e47-86bc-5b15dcee2109
  3. How can i fix the paint App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i fix the paint App?: Paint is not opening. There is an error with a code 0x87E10BC6. How can I fix the paint App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-the-paint-app/3d99c680-b445-4e47-86bc-5b15dcee2109
  4. paint app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  5. paint app

paint app: Hello.Recently i have installed windows 11.I noticed that paint app isnot working.I open it but it freezes ana after a few seconds close.I can't edi a file or copy paste a screenshot with alt +prtscreen key...
  6. How to fix Paint App

How to fix Paint App: HiWindows 11I wanted to use the MS Paint app from Windows 10 on Windows 11 because I was used to working with it, so I copied MSPaint.exe from a Windows 10 computer to my Windows 11 computer > Windows > System 32.It did not work. Not only that but now the Windows 11, Paint...
  7. How to fix Paint App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to fix Paint App: HiWindows 11I wanted to use the MS Paint app from Windows 10 on Windows 11 because I was used to working with it, so I copied MSPaint.exe from a Windows 10 computer to my Windows 11 computer > Windows > System 32.It did not work. Not only that but now the Windows 11, Paint...
  8. Paint app

Paint app: SKEW command cobbled. I'm using Windows 10 and Office 365. The SKEW command is supposed to skew an object horizontally left or right and vertically up and down. Skewing right is accomplished by entering a positive number in the "horizontal" field. Skewing left used to happen...
  9. how can preserve settings for paint app

how can preserve settings for paint app: Hi, everytime i try to change same settings i do to paint like coloring text etc I have to do that with every image I open which is really frustrating and I don't know why Microsoft doesn't fix that I am talking about normal paint app not 3d paint because I haven't found...
  10. How to rotate brush in fresh paint app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to rotate brush in fresh paint app: How do you rotate the brush in the fresh paint app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rotate-brush-in-fresh-paint-app/e4349bf5-e107-4875-a40f-322f9c10020f"