Windows 10: How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor?

Discus and support How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this windows 11 problem that I can't find anywhere on YT or Google.Everything seems fine when I launch Photoshop but when I use the brush tool a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jerome D., Nov 18, 2022.

1. Jerome D. Win User

How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor?

I have this windows 11 problem that I can't find anywhere on YT or Google.Everything seems fine when I launch Photoshop but when I use the brush tool a partial black screen appears. The cursor sits on top of it and the black screen moves along with the cursor. Meaning you can't see the black screen when I put the cursor at the bottom and the screen will go completely black if I hover to the very top.This also happens when I use Da Vinci resolve. When I drag an effect to the timeline same thing happens.Same problems happened in excel. But I seemed to fix it when I disable hardware graphics acce

:)

Jerome D., Nov 18, 2022
  2. NevRon Win User

Black screen with cursor

Have a Gateway SX2800-01 which has (had) Windows 7 Pro installed. Finally gave in to Window 10 upgrade prompting and said yes. Ten installed well to my surprise, it ran for several months. Then on an update it restarted to the sign in screen, password, then black screen with cursor.*Sad I found TenForums and possible solutions with my laptop.
    How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor? :)First try - partial boot 3 times - brought up auto fix - after running - chose restore point I had set in - IT WORKED.
    I updated the video driver just in case that was a cause of problem.
    *Sad The install update came up again. I held off for weeks. Finally gave in. Restarted with sign in screen - then black screen.
    *SadSecond try - 3 partial boots - fix screen options - one available earlier restore point showing -tried - DID NOT WORK THIS TIME- Black screen again.
    *SadThird try - tried option 'start to safe mode' - Sign on screen - password -still BLACK SCREEN
    Tried (from TenForum) blind keystrokes to activate second monitor. It worked evidenced by cursor showing on second black screen (off -no cursor on second screen). Tried removing monitor and devices. The only option left from partial starts and auto fix, is to restore toan earlier Build - but I believe will likely give me another black screen.
    Observations - notification windows pop up on black screen (example: "your antivirus has been updated"). Ctrl alt del opens 'task manager' window over black screen. Tabs work showing active activities of files/programs.
    I don't know about fast start mode. Can that be accessed from task manager? Or something to get my desktop back?

NevRon, Nov 18, 2022
  3. Random black screen moving the cursor

Hi.

I have a problem I hope someone can help me out with.

My Asus computer randomly started to get black screen this happens when I for an example sit on facebook and maybe play some game.

After like 10 minutes a spot on the screen starts to turn black and when I move the cursor around its kinda "painting" the rest of the screen and it will all go black. I can let it stay for hours and it wont come back.

I have to manually kill the computer by pushing the turn on button for a few seconds.

Any suggestions ? please

matiashansen, Nov 18, 2022
Thema:

How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor?

1. How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor? - Similar Threads - fix partial black

2. How to fix black screen with non-movable cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with non-movable cursor?: I have been getting a black screen with a non-movable cursor almost every single time after I close my laptop. I have found that forcefully restarting it works but it keeps happening. While this isn't something I would ordinarily complain about, it has started to affect my...
  3. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?: I found the fix for the exact problem I have here in the forums, and it works, sort of.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-black-screen-when-cursor-moves/32aad20c-869e-4e45-8c41-7e7fe4848b76. It works fantastic to stop the screen from going...
  4. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?: I found the fix for the exact problem I have here in the forums, and it works, sort of.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intermittent-black-screen-when-cursor-moves/32aad20c-869e-4e45-8c41-7e7fe4848b76. It works fantastic to stop the screen from going...
  5. How to permanently fix intermittant black screen caused when moving cursor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  7. How to fix black screen with cursor

How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  8. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  9. How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?

How to fix black screen on windows 7 with no cursor?: Hi. I was playing a game on my Windows 7, but then the screen froze and lagged so much, I had to restart it. When I restarted it, there was only a black screen with no cursor. My keyboard or mouse wasn't working at all. All I hear is the sound of the CPU. What should I do?...
  10. How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor?

How to fix partial black screen that's moving along with the cursor?: I have this windows 11 problem that I can't find anywhere on YT or Google.Everything seems fine when I launch Photoshop but when I use the brush tool a partial black screen appears. The cursor sits on top of it and the black screen moves along with the cursor. Meaning you...