Windows 10: How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?

Discus and support How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I made the mistake of shutting down my pc mid windows update it’s already windows 11, and turned it on the next day. it showed that the update was at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FinnHumphrey, May 15, 2024.

1. How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?

I made the mistake of shutting down my pc mid windows update it’s already windows 11, and turned it on the next day. it showed that the update was at 7%, but I couldn’t do anything I could move my cursor but I couldn’t boot up safe mode or anything, it then blue screen of death and then turned back on showing “Updates are Underway”. That then turned into “Something didn’t go as planned.” And it blue screened not too long after that. Do I just have to wait this out until it finishes? It keeps blue screening so I don’t know what to do.

:)

FinnHumphrey, May 15, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 PC Going to Sleep mid use

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 15, 2024
  3. Xzibit Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Check the date on the one you thought it was. Nov 4 2015 <-That's not June

The rollup does contain the fix.

June 2016 update rollup for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

June 21 2016

Windows Update Client for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2: June 2016

This update contains some improvements to Windows Update Client in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This includes the following:
    • An optimization that addresses long scan time for updates that's reported on some computers.
    • Fix for a Windows Update error 0x8007000E on some computers while they are updating.
    • Some reliability improvements.

Xzibit, May 15, 2024
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Yeah, I've been noting it for months on the refusenik thread. They do NOT want anything older than 10 running.

I still have an HTPC on W7, and every other month I have to fix the update agent in order to get all updates. SMH....

You provided a good step by step fix. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

rtwjunkie, May 15, 2024
Thema:

How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?

1. How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update? - Similar Threads - fix shutting off

2. PC shuts itself down mid Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shuts itself down mid Windows 11 Update: Hey there,so basically i've been trying to get this update to work. When installing the update and the update proceeds to restart the computer sometimes it will just "freeze" on a black screen - no inputs able to be pressed, or the pc shuts itself down after a slim time...
  3. PC shuts itself down mid Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shuts itself down mid Windows 11 Update: Hey there,so basically i've been trying to get this update to work. When installing the update and the update proceeds to restart the computer sometimes it will just "freeze" on a black screen - no inputs able to be pressed, or the pc shuts itself down after a slim time...
  4. How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?

How to fix pc after shutting it off mid windows update?: I made the mistake of shutting down my pc mid windows update it’s already windows 11, and turned it on the next day. it showed that the update was at 7%, but I couldn’t do anything I could move my cursor but I couldn’t boot up safe mode or anything, it then blue screen of...
  5. How to shut off windows updates

How to shut off windows updates: I have asked this question hundreds of times, with no solution.So, I have disabled windows update services, even removed WSUS to break windows updates. Windows continues to update.I don't think Microsoft understand how crippling windows updates makes machines. I bought an...
  6. PC shutting off and no idea how to fix

PC shutting off and no idea how to fix: I have this issue where while using my PC it will randomly just black screen and not show any display, i can’t shut it down in any way unless i shut off the psu and flip it back on. The problem is that when i do try to turn it back on the “CPU” LED is on in the motherboard...
  7. PC shutting off and no idea how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting off and no idea how to fix: I have this issue where while using my PC it will randomly just black screen and not show any display, i can’t shut it down in any way unless i shut off the psu and flip it back on. The problem is that when i do try to turn it back on the “CPU” LED is on in the motherboard...
  8. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally shut off laptop mid update: Hi, I was updating my Lenovo laptop and shut it off mid way updating accidentally. It was stuck on a boot loop so watched a YouTube video that asked my to change it from UEFI to legacy boot. I did that and now my laptop is stuck on a loop asking for my recovery key and then...
  9. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

Accidentally shut off laptop mid update: Hi, I was updating my Lenovo laptop and shut it off mid way updating accidentally. It was stuck on a boot loop so watched a YouTube video that asked my to change it from UEFI to legacy boot. I did that and now my laptop is stuck on a loop asking for my recovery key and then...
  10. Accidentally shut off laptop mid update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade