Windows 10: How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors?

Discus and support How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have two Monitors, one a 16:10 Monitor with a PPI of 90.05, and a 4:3 Monitor with a PPI of 58.18. Due to this, applications appear bigger on the 4:3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FSTOPjim36, Sep 19, 2020.

1. How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors?

I have two Monitors, one a 16:10 Monitor with a PPI of 90.05, and a 4:3 Monitor with a PPI of 58.18. Due to this, applications appear bigger on the 4:3 monitor. How can I correct this?

submitted by /u/FSTOPjim36
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FSTOPjim36, Sep 19, 2020
  2. a.rob Win User

Degree of pixellation on 808 PureView screen?

Well. compared to the iPhone and most Androids yes, you'll notice screen pixellation as they compare like this:

Pureview 808: 360 x 640 pixels, 4.0 inches (~184 ppi pixel density)

Galaxy SII: 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density)

Lumia 900: 480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches (~217 ppi pixel density)

Lumia 800: 480 x 800 pixels, 3.7 inches (~252 ppi pixel density)

Galaxy SIII: 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)

iPhone 4S: 640 x 960 pixels , 3.5 inches (~330 ppi pixel density)

However, on a day to day basis it probably won't be all that noticeable unless you also use a higher res device alongside the PureView. However, where the PureView and Lumias excel is not their resolution, but their screen tech - AMOLED with Nokia CBD,
    which recently beat the SII and iPhone 4S hands down for outscreen readability, as well as leading to it having far richer and vibrant colour to the screen than the rivals.

a.rob, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Entegy Win User
    Lumia 950 XL with 518 Pixels per *square* inch?

Can you share a link to or a screenshot of where you're seeing this? I checked the US, Canada, and Dutch stores and only see "ppi", which means pixels per inch. I don't see where you see it per square inch.

Entegy, Sep 19, 2020
  4. How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors?

Print Screen resolution 28 rather than 72 ppi

• What is the make and model of your device?
    I am using a PC with a Dell screen

• Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue happening?
    Only automatic ones associated with Windows 10

• Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    Nothing

Edit to say - Sorry, I've resolved my own problem. I was reading pixels per centimetre rather than pixels per inch - when the correct measurement is used my screen turns out to be 72 pixels per inch as usual.

Apologies for bothering you but thanks for trying to help.

ChrisAnnSen, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors?

1. How to fix PPI (Pixels Per Inch) imbalance between two monitors? - Similar Threads - fix PPI Pixels

2. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  3. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  4. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.: I recently got another monitor for my pc setup, and it works fine, the only problem is that my mouse has started to act weird after the setup was complete. The mouse cursor seems to be shifting up when I move the mouse to the right, and down when I move it to the left.Now the...
  6. Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.: I recently got another monitor for my pc setup, and it works fine, the only problem is that my mouse has started to act weird after the setup was complete. The mouse cursor seems to be shifting up when I move the mouse to the right, and down when I move it to the left.Now the...
  7. Mouse is acting weird between two monitors.

8. Improving "ppi" in Photodraw 2000 without program changing pixel size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Improving "ppi" in Photodraw 2000 without program changing pixel size: Hi, Having prepared various images at 900px, I was trying to reset the "ppi" from 150 to 300 in Photodraw 2000 for my website using: Tools > Options > Picture Quality The settings were Picture Quality: Typical Photographic and Compression level: Low before changing them....
  9. Moving cursor between two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  10. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....