Windows 10: How to fix printer crash after update

Discus and support How to fix printer crash after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am one of those affected by the March update that broke my windows 10 when trying to print to Kyocera printer. It was only after resetting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CastleNews, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How to fix printer crash after update

Hello, I am one of those affected by the March update that broke my windows 10 when trying to print to Kyocera printer. It was only after resetting windows a few times and doing a clean reinstall that I discovered it was actually windows that was causing the issue.

I tried updating to the new version of windows 10 but that breaks most of the windows UI windows and is simply not usable for me at this time so reverted back to the previous version which was clean installed.

I cannot roll back to previous updates, I cannot uninstall the update that caused it and I cannot find the fix when trying to search for new updates, it simply does not show up. I tried to download it from microsoft website but it won't even download.

How can I fix windows now?

Many thanks

:)

CastleNews, Apr 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

4. How to fix printer crash after update

Printer

Thanks for your response.

To troubleshoot the issue, we recommend that you visit this link.

The link will direct you to an article which will provide you steps on how to fix printer problems. I would suggest that you cover all the steps listed on the article.

Please keep us updated.

Jericho Lap, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How to fix printer crash after update

1. How to fix printer crash after update - Similar Threads - fix printer crash

2. Printer and audio not working after windows 10 update. How to fix ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer and audio not working after windows 10 update. How to fix ?: After a windows 10 update my audio and my printer don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-and-audio-not-working-after-windows-10/ce82fb22-0748-4036-80bf-567285934308
  3. Printer and audio not working after windows 10 update. How to fix ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer and audio not working after windows 10 update. How to fix ?: After a windows 10 update my audio and my printer don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-and-audio-not-working-after-windows-10/ce82fb22-0748-4036-80bf-567285934308
  4. Printer and audio not working after windows 10 update. How to fix ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Printer in error state. How to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer in error state. How to fix?: User account window asked if I wanted to allow a program my printer} to make changes. I accidentally clicked no. Now when I try to print I get a message "printer in error".. Printer is Brother MFC. OS is Windows 10. How do I fix this?...
  6. Printer not working after Windows Update [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Printer not working after Windows Update [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows Updates are known for bringing the latest features and security updates to your computer. However, it doesn’t do any harm to your computer. But sometimes, you might face weird issues. One such issue is the printer not working after the Windows update. The...
  7. Windows update crash my printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update crash my printer: Hi, im using win 10 pro in my office and i have a network printer that crashed microsoft office apps when it tried to open file or print document.I already googled the solution which is to uninstall the update. The problem is, after i restart the pc, this solution works for a...
  8. Windows update crash my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update crash my printer: Hi, im using win 10 pro in my office and i have a network printer that crashed microsoft office apps when it tried to open file or print document.I already googled the solution which is to uninstall the update. The problem is, after i restart the pc, this solution works for a...
  9. Windows update crash my printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. How to fix crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix crashes: Hello today i will tell how to fix crashes.1 turn off back round apps.2 dont download 2 anti viruses because they may conflict use the windows security which is built in and only windows security.3 boot in safe mode.4 if any issues come after a update delete the update.5...