Windows 10: how to fix problem message of "no write permission to specific location"

Discus and support how to fix problem message of "no write permission to specific location" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when scanning pic or doc on Kodak printer am getting this message-"no write permission to specific location" so I cannot save the scan. Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NonyaBiz1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. NonyaBiz1 Win User

how to fix problem message of "no write permission to specific location"

when scanning pic or doc on Kodak printer am getting this message-"no write permission to specific location" so I cannot save the scan. Why is this happening, and what is needed to fix it??

:)

NonyaBiz1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Event log writes error related to application-specific permissions on Windows 10 computer

After writing this post, I reread the solution post, and several were confused... I will see about re-writing the solution and leave out the confusion, and post it here:

The post I talk about below does have the solution, but it has to be read out from within the weeds, and it's not all that clear, unless one actually does understand what's going on. It deserves a re-write... I will attempt to do that. However, it must
    be noted that I'm re-writing from a fixed machine. (sigh), I hope I don't miss a step. ;-)

Here's what I wrote, which is true, but a bit confusing to some...

I've found what I consider to be 'the' answer to this issue, resolved it for me.

You should read through the entire post, it's important to understand what's going on and needs to be done and why I consider this is the definitive answer. Good luck!

I've included the error message for the link to this so you know we're talking about the same issue:

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server
    application with CLSID {8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919} and APPID {F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable)."

WARNING: Read the entire post, the solution is the last one, not the earlier suggestions, they're partial or half fixes on the way to the solution!

In this solution, the user doesn't have to select permissions, the system basically corrects itself, knows the permissions needed, and you accept the solution! Other than the steps needed to gain control of the registry entry to delete it, it's a clean
    fix!

I have to admit, several other small issues disappeared as well!

Although others did the initial work, I worked hard to find what I consider the 'correct' solution. If it helps you please consider marking this as helpful, and whether it solved your problem. Much appreciated!

Chip Cooper, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Tekware Win User

You dont have permission to save in this location...

This is a process but it worked for me:
    You can follow these steps for one folder or go here to make sure your folder is shared with Everyone
    1.Right click on the folder that you can't access and click share with >specific people
    2. Click add and then enter Everyone for a user name
    3. Click read permissions where it says read to read/write
    4. Click share, click done

1. Right click properties on the folder you can't access
    2. Click advanced.
    3. Click change owner
    4. Type Everyone for the owner and select owner reset to full control.
    5. close properties
    6. Then click on the save file box and choose the default folder you want to save to in the open dialog box.
    With a new owner with full control of everything and sharing it should work if you followed this completely. Worked for me. *Shock

Tekware, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

1. how to fix problem message of "no write permission to specific location" - Similar Threads - fix problem message

2. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  3. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the writing location for programs: I am trying to save space for my steam games and I was doing a routine clean up when I noticed that in my hard drive E, there were programs saving and installing there. I intentionally do not install programs there and never save data there other than steam games. What...
  4. How to change the writing location for programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?: So changing registry strings is a pretty common tool around here and something ive done pretty comfortably for a long time. Messing with registry permissions goes above my head and is quite a bit more risky. AFAIK with my limited knowledge ACL's and the like is quite a bit...
  6. read and write permission problem

read and write permission problem: hi all i created a share folder in windows server 2019 for windows 7 and windows 10 client, and assign READ and WRITEcopy and paste, not allow modify and delete permission to this share folder in windows 7 clients, i can save any file to this folder, everything is fine....
  7. Weird Problem Message? How To Fix?

Weird Problem Message? How To Fix?: So recently I turned on my Laptop, and this message appeared, I have no idea what it means, can someone help me? It's really annoying since it appears EVERY time I turn my Laptop on. Plus, I would hate if my Laptop had a virus.[IMG]...
  8. "no write permission to specific location" issues

"no write permission to specific location" issues: have windows 10 unfortunately, and using Kodak printer to scan docs and pics-getting message "no write permission to specific location". NOTHING has been changed by me to my system, but seems EVERY time windows sneaks in to do an upgrade I have another annoying problem. How...
  9. Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located..

in Windows 10 Support
    Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located..: Installer doesn't have permission to write to the startmenu located in C:\ProgramData\Start Menu Avg & some other software wouldn't install at all, tell I used the take ownership registry file. I also notice, Windows updates keep not getting installed. I had to keep...
  10. Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with File Read/Write Permissions.: Hello, I just installed the latest build of Windows 10 and am running into some problems that never occurred to me before. My previous version of Windows 10 failed because of some system restore custom app that I downloaded so I had to reinstall. Anyway, I make a clean...