Windows 10: how to fix problem with freezing laptops

Discus and support how to fix problem with freezing laptops in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; how to fix problem with freezing laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BhraKelvinx, Dec 5, 2018.

1. how to fix problem with freezing laptops

how to fix problem with freezing laptops

:)

BhraKelvinx, Dec 5, 2018
  2. 1Hellcat Win User

Laptop Freezing Problem

For the past week I've been trying to figure out what could be causing my laptop to freeze. I have an HP Pavilion Dv6z 7000 with an A10-4600m, 7730m, and upgraded the ram from 6GB to 8GB back in January. The laptop is running Windows 8 Pro.

What happens is that I'll start up the laptop, and sometimes it'll freeze while logging me in, or after I've logged in. It's random when it happens. I could go an hour without trouble, or it could freeze as soon as I log in. If I happen to have the backlit keyboard on, it'll flicker just before it freezes. Before the freezing started, I had problems where the wifi would not be detected by the system, or the battery would not be detected.

I ran memtest86+ on the original ram the laptop came with and the new ram, and both sets passed. I ran the system diagnostics that hp has and passed all the tests. I tried refreshing Windows 8, and for a short while it would work until I restarted the computer. I've tried resetting Windows 8 with the same problem, and I've tried a clean install and still ran into the same problem.

I don't think it's heat, because coretemp shows that the cpu is nowhere near dangerous temperatures. I haven't found a program that will let me see the motherboard temps, so I can't comment on that. I also have the laptop on a Cooler Master U3.

What do you think it could be?

1Hellcat, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 5, 2018
  4. how to fix problem with freezing laptops

Laptop battery problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your laptop battery, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you run the power troubleshooter. Below are the steps:

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, look for and select
      Power
    • Click the Run the troubleshooter button, and follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

how to fix problem with freezing laptops

1. how to fix problem with freezing laptops - Similar Threads - fix problem freezing

2. How to fix laptop that kept freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop that kept freezing randomly.: I have no idea why my laptop randomly freezes. As the title above-mentioned, my laptop randomly freezes and I tried almost everything to fix it. Last resort was to reset the pc while maintaining the files. But upon loading, it froze again. I use my laptop for work. And I...
  3. How to fix laptop that kept freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix laptop that kept freezing randomly.: I have no idea why my laptop randomly freezes. As the title above-mentioned, my laptop randomly freezes and I tried almost everything to fix it. Last resort was to reset the pc while maintaining the files. But upon loading, it froze again. I use my laptop for work. And I...
  4. How to fix laptop that kept freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Monitor and laptop freezes and why, how can it be fixed?

Monitor and laptop freezes and why, how can it be fixed?: My laptop connected to my monitor freezes after 10 minutes and the laptop fan is really loud after that happens. And using my laptop alone works completely fine but it only freezes when it’s connected to my monitor, why is that it happens like that, what can I do to fix this?...
  6. How to fix my laptop problem

How to fix my laptop problem: My laptop works but when I dropped my phone on my laptop weeks ago it doesn't work properly anymore it freezes then makes a sound and then I have to reset or it freezes or it blue screen or full shut down them restart...
  7. How to fix my laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix my laptop problem: My laptop works but when I dropped my phone on my laptop weeks ago it doesn't work properly anymore it freezes then makes a sound and then I have to reset or it freezes or it blue screen or full shut down them restart...
  8. How to fix my laptop problem

9. Fixing a problem that freezes windows

Fixing a problem that freezes windows: My laptop recently has started to freeze and when I pull up the most recent problem details this is what is says:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 9fParameter 1: 3Parameter 2: ffff9c07d8c74120Parameter 3: fffffb81b34bf750Parameter 4: ffff9c07dde3fb30OS...
  10. How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix this Right Click Desktop freezing problem?: Right clicking on desktop will promt a .2 freeze before the context menu will show, If I have a running apps it will be affected also, just by right clicking on a desktop. Now I figured it out that if the GEForce experience is active, desktop right click freeze will not...