Windows 10: How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem?

Discus and support How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, I used HP chat support to fix a battery problem but the technician messed up some settings on my laptop (HP spectre x360 w/ Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vshah02, Jan 5, 2021.

1. How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem?

Long story short, I used HP chat support to fix a battery problem but the technician messed up some settings on my laptop (HP spectre x360 w/ Windows 10). Now whenever I want to download or move a file to the desktop, or rename or delete a file on my desktop, I get a notification saying I need to "provide administrator access." And when I click "Ok" I can go about doing it.

I tried changing my UAC settings and restarting but nothing is working. My last resort is to just factory reset my laptop but I was hoping someone here would have some advice. Thanks!

submitted by /u/vshah02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vshah02, Jan 5, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Notifications

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

What happens when you click on Notification Icon in system tray?

Try to access the Notification Icon in system tray post 4-5 Minutes on system startup and check if it launch. Hope things are loading on background, when you try to access it.

Also, suggest you try the below mentioned steps to fix any issue with system files, when you access the desktop screen:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD

• Type or copy/paste the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Reboot the system and check if the issue still occurs.

Hope this will address your query.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jan 5, 2021
  4. angus Win User

How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem?

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem?

1. How to fix "provide administrator access" notification problem? - Similar Threads - fix provide administrator

2. how to fix ur IT administrator has limited access antivirus problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix ur IT administrator has limited access antivirus problem: when i deleted macfee antivirus i cant able to use windows antivirus It showing me Ur IT administrator has limited .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-ur-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0dc336fb-1c31-4e32-bd07-44f0df0101b8
  3. how to fix ur IT administrator has limited access antivirus problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix ur IT administrator has limited access antivirus problem: when i deleted macfee antivirus i cant able to use windows antivirus It showing me Ur IT administrator has limited .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-ur-it-administrator-has-limited-access/0dc336fb-1c31-4e32-bd07-44f0df0101b8
  4. how to fix Your IT administrator has limited access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix Your IT administrator has limited access: I have tried these methods How to Fix the “Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access” Windows Security Error makeuseof.comYour IT administrator has limited access - Microsoft Communitybut no resultsMy real-time protection is not getting enabled it says you are using other...
  5. how to fix Your IT administrator has limited access

how to fix Your IT administrator has limited access: I have tried these methods How to Fix the “Your IT Administrator Has Limited Access” Windows Security Error makeuseof.comYour IT administrator has limited access - Microsoft Communitybut no resultsMy real-time protection is not getting enabled it says you are using other...
  6. How to fix the it administrator has limited access to this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix the it administrator has limited access to this app: i have this problem of " your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to accessis not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information" i tried everything the cmd commands i reseted my pc i tried the anti virus i tried...
  7. How to fix the it administrator has limited access to this app

How to fix the it administrator has limited access to this app: i have this problem of " your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to accessis not available . Contact IT helpdesk for more information" i tried everything the cmd commands i reseted my pc i tried the anti virus i tried...
  8. No Security providers/Your IT administrator has limited access ...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No Security providers/Your IT administrator has limited access ...: New laptop. Windows 10 Home. Uninstalled McAfee. Can't get Defender to run again.When I get to the Virus & threat protection it kicks me out to Security at a glance and says, "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app,"When I click on the gear at the...
  9. administrator access problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    administrator access problem: I am facing the problem. I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. in windows seven I had two accounts one was the main account which I used and it had complete admin access and the other was secondary and didn’t had admin access. When I upgraded I logged in to one of...
  10. Administrator Access Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Access Problem: While I was in the Administrator account on my Windows 10 pc, I entered the command "net user administrator/ active:no" into the control panel. I restarted my pc and signed into my standard account and found that I no longer had administrator access, and everything I tried to...