Windows 10: How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home

Discus and support How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just installed windows 10 on a new motherboard and hard drive. Started loading some of my programs from the installation disk. I got to this one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ralphy1202, Oct 19, 2020.

1. How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home

I just installed windows 10 on a new motherboard and hard drive.

Started loading some of my programs from the installation disk. I got to this one that says: runtime error '5' Invalid procedure call or argument

I have tried running it in compatible programs from windows XP to windows 10 nothing works. How do i get this to work?

:)

Ralphy1202, Oct 19, 2020

2. Run-time error 5 invalid procedure call or argument

Hello,

Could you please reply to the below questions to understand the issue better.

• Are you using and Administrator account?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you have any third party anti-virus software installed on the computer?
    Run-time error ‘5’ is mostly caused by corrupted registry or some virus might block the application. I suggest you to
    disable security software and check if it works fine. You can also load the CD in another system and check.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't
    disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable
    to attacks.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Run time error 5-invalid procedure call or argument

What program were you using when you got this? Visio 2000? *Confused How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I see you and I posted at the same time and you've got it taken care of!*Smile How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home :)

thoughtdisorder, Oct 19, 2020
  4. cunny Win User

How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home

Invalid Argument

HI guys

Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10.

Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb and a shared folder.

Basically, everytime i try to access the shared folder i get the error from any device.

So far ive tried :

Running windows 7 (worked)
    Re-formatting and installing win 10, worked until yesterday when updates were installed. Updates were :
    KB4034674
    KB4034662
    KB4022405
    KB4035543
    KB890830
    & some driver updates.

Can anyone help me out as this is my main media server.

Cheers

cunny, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home

1. How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home - Similar Threads - fix run error

2. ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:: Everytime I start my computer I'm being asked to select a program to open a file. I opened with notepad and it shows the following: ERROR: Invalid argument specifiedINFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menuINFOMSG: -p Attempts to migrate...
  3. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  4. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  5. Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have encountered the 0x00000667, ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE Argument stop error code on your Windows 10 […] This article Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. How do I fix ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe...: On startup of my machine, I get asked how to open a file I didn't ask to open. Every time, it gives me this: ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menu INFOMSG: -p Attempts to migrate data from the...
  7. Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ..

Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ..: get a program error message Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-argument-value-type-or-count-is-invalid/e6a2663c-86ac-40d4-8436-1deae038dab2"
  8. Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are you stuck at the Windows login screen and you see an error message The Handle is invalid you need first to ensure that you are using the correct credentials to log in. If you are sure that they [...] This post Fix The Handle is Invalid error on...
  9. CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid)

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Popup (Arguments in the command line are invalid): Hey guys Recently installed a new SSD into my laptop and fresh copy of Win 10 Enterprise I'm getting a random CMD popup every now and again, still trying to catch it with a screenshot next time I see it. But what I could manage to read while it briefly pops up is something...
  10. Invalid Argument

Invalid Argument: HI guys Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10. Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb and a shared folder. Basically, everytime i try to access the shared folder i get the error from any device. So far ive...