Windows 10: How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11

Discus and support How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It is nearly a month since Windows 11 was offered as free upgrade for users. But the operating system is not devoid of bugs, there are some annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 3, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11

It is nearly a month since Windows 11 was offered as free upgrade for users. But the operating system is not devoid of bugs, there are some annoying issues like the File Explorer not responding.

How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 How-to-fix-screen-flickering-in-Windows-11.jpg

Another issue that has been troubling users, is the screen flickering in Windows 11. I've had this happen a few times, but they were completely random, and not like what users are reporting. Occasionally, when you switch programs or drag applications to a different location, the display may flash briefly. I have also noticed this with the Taskbar, in early builds of the operating system. But I haven't seen this bug since updating to the stable version of the operating system. But other users seem to be facing the problem, because the release notes for the latest Windows Insider Preview build lists screen flickering as a known issue related to the Taskbar.

A few years ago, this screen flashing issue was originally reported as a bug in Chrome. But later, the culprit turned out to be Windows 10. It is strange that the bug still exists in Windows 11, and the fix is still the same.

1. Open the Settings App.
    2. Click on Personalization on the right pane.
    3. Select the Background option.
    4. Now you can do one of 2 things. You may choose to set the desktop background to a solid color, or select an image as your wallpaper. The idea is to avoid using the Slideshow option.
    5. Go back to the previous screen, i.e. Personalization, and click on Colors. Check whether the Accent Color is set to "Manual". If it says automatic, switch it to manual.

The idea is to stop the OS from refreshing the colors and backdrop automatically (slideshow), which seems to be causing the screen flickering issue.

Alternative Solution to fix screen flashing in Windows 11

How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 Alternative-Solution-to-fix-screen-flashing-in-Windows-11.jpg

If the above method didn't work for you, here's something else that you can try. Open the Settings app, and click on Accessibility on the sidebar. Click on Visual effects on the right pane, and toggle the button that says Animation Effects. I found the fix here.

Insider Preview builds of Windows 11 had a similar problem, the screen would flash when you switched the theme. I think it was the animation effect that was causing it.

How to fix screen flickering in Chrome on Windows 11

As mentioned earlier, screen flickering in Chrome is a bug in Windows. When I first tried Windows 11 in a virtual machine, I had a slightly different problem with it. Firefox and Microsoft Edge worked fine in the OS, but Vivaldi (Chrome and Brave as well), was glitching. When you exit the browser with several tabs open, Chromium browsers display a white box, that asks you to confirm the action. A similar box appears when you install extensions. These boxes would not render properly in Windows 11, and would sort of appear transparent, making it difficult to use. Take a look at this screenshot to understand what I'm talking about.

How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 Chrome-display-issues-in-Windows-11.jpg

To fix this issue, open the browser's settings.

e.g. vivaldi://settings/ or chrome://settings/

How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 Chrome-rendering-issues-in-Windows-11.jpg

Search for Hardware Acceleration, and turn the option off. This should get rid of the partially rendered box, and display it normally.

I'd also advise checking your monitor's cable, and updating your graphics drivers to the latest version, to rule out hardware issues.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 3, 2021
Thema:

1. How to fix screen flickering in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - fix screen flickering

2. How do I fix flickering screen???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix flickering screen???: Hello, Microsoft team. I have a huge problem, my PC's screen started flickering and I can't fix it from the windows app because it won't open, and I don't know how to use task manager to fix it either. Please help me because I can't no longer use this PC in this state... I...
  3. How to fix asus screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix asus screen flickering: The startup ASUS is showing but after it starts up it starts flickering. This makes me think it isn't a hardware problem. It started randomly after I woke up, I tried updating drivers but that doesn't work. It just keeps flickering into a black screen for a few seconds then...
  4. How to fix asus screen flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix asus screen flickering: The startup ASUS is showing but after it starts up it starts flickering. This makes me think it isn't a hardware problem. It started randomly after I woke up, I tried updating drivers but that doesn't work. It just keeps flickering into a black screen for a few seconds then...
  5. How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar: Hi,Out of nowhere my PC screen has started flickering white, the same goes for the taskbar and no applications or folders appear on the desktop. I’ve been looking at other forums and following the help posted on them such as Driver Updates, Safe Mode, Disabling Problem...
  6. How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar

How to fix Windows 11 White Flickering Screen & Flickering Taskbar: Hi,Out of nowhere my PC screen has started flickering white, the same goes for the taskbar and no applications or folders appear on the desktop. I’ve been looking at other forums and following the help posted on them such as Driver Updates, Safe Mode, Disabling Problem...
  7. how to fix screen flickering issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix screen flickering issue: how to fix screen flickering issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-screen-flickering-issue/2dd3a2fa-7169-458c-9049-abc778fcc175
  8. how to fix screen flickering issue

how to fix screen flickering issue: how to fix screen flickering issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-screen-flickering-issue/2dd3a2fa-7169-458c-9049-abc778fcc175
  9. How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.

How to fix flickering grey screen on computer.: I restarted my pc removed files and I opened it and it showed a grey screen. After waiting a little bit it started flickering the grey screen so I restarted the entire pc.It still showed the grey screen flashing. Pls respond because I’ve had this glitch for 2 days now. I am...
  10. fix flickering screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    fix flickering screen?: fix flickering screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-flickering-screen/6f831e3b-73ff-4f48-b62c-e9ae2cd009da